• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
it is, however a system as complex as this simply doesn't work for such as-sad to say-inactive scene

if we can get hold of all information from previous tournaments, this includes pools and who were in them, then we can use a very simple 'average' rating to do things, but andy's one works for now

Before I start, I would like to thank you for using colour points for every paragraph.

IF you think 11 days is slow, then fine. Updates would be quicker in future.
Cool.

Because skill is what is required for judgement? I see. Also, you have completely mistaken my meaning, I wasn't commenting on the skill of players in the UK, I was referring to how active the UK is.
Skill and a NUMEROUS amount of factors. I didn't mistake anything about the meaning, it was clear to me and others what you meant. I know your feelings towards the UK and it was painfully obviously that it wasn't just activity you were referring to.

You assume that those players have a high accuracy value. They don't, no one in the UK does. I realise after this update that the current way it is set-up isn't working for the UK, and I said I was tweaking it.
I meant in comparison to everybody else, which once again, is why this system is flawed.

As I have said before, it doesn't work unless every player is on it. But don't worry, everyone shall be removed. I am taking it down, its clearly not serving any purpose.
Also, I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I am quitting competitive smash, actually that's not really true because I still very much enjoy the game and will continue to play it competitively, but I won't be coming to many (if any) tournaments from this point onwards.
I just want to clarify that I am not quitting because of this rankings thread, infact the fact that I had to clarify that because others people would assume this is why I am quitting, demonstrates one of the main reasons for me quitting.
However, if I am ever in a position where I am able to host, I will do so as frequently as I can.
Now my care cup has run dry I'm afraid.

Locked on request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom