• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Local Brawls with Meta Knight

Nickieroonie

Smash Cadet
So last night some friends came home for the weekend and we played Brawl for a long time... I finally got to play against 3 other actual people, instead of 1.
We played either FFA or 2v2. I realized just how easy it is to die with Meta Knight! If I was stupid enough to enter the fray directly, I found that I would just get hit by something inadvertent and eventually die.
However, when the game boiled down to 1 on 1, I was almost sure to win no matter who the character was. I just had to play defensively. I could even manage someone with 2 stocks left, me having 1.
I was even put in a 2v1 situation fairly often when playing 2v2, and I was able to hold out for quite a long time. Heck, had I have been at lower percentages starting out on the 2v1's, I may have lasted long enough to beat them both. They had 2 stock each, however, and I only had one.

So really all I'm getting at is that Meta Knight is really quite hard to use in multi-man matches. You really have to lure just one person out and try to fight them alone. But I was also really happy to find that I could control the match perfectly when it came down to 1v1.

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
This is true, It is very hard to FFA with MK due to his light frame and lack of real busting moves other then Dsmash (I have KOed 3 people at once with this who were all slapping each other in the face). The most frustrating thing is fighting an Ike in a FFA, cause all he is gonna do is spam Usmash and Fsmash, and if your worried about the other guys, Ike is gonna make you smell it and kill you at 60%. The best thing to do is to sit back, and wait for the fight to come to you, let someone get knocked your way, then proceed with tilts and then a Fair juggle to death. Or if they are really flying, jump really fast and Uair them to their aerial oblivion.

Nickieroonie

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I didn't want to sit out too much because it's boring, but it really seemed to be necessary to ensure victory.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
If I play in team matches, I intend to use one of my subs rather than MK for this exact reason. I still have Olimar, TL and Zero Suit Samus lined up for use (in that order, at the moment)

Nickieroonie

Smash Cadet
Last night my friend and I tested out Meta Knight and Ike together on a team. We finished most matches either having lost 1 life or none between the two of us. Our strategy was simple, I would eat the opponents up in a Mach Tornado and he would simply beat on them while they were stuck!

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Last night my friend and I tested out Meta Knight and Ike together on a team. We finished most matches either having lost 1 life or none between the two of us. Our strategy was simple, I would eat the opponents up in a Mach Tornado and he would simply beat on them while they were stuck!
Strategies like this are exactly why Team Attack is typically on in tournaments.

Orpheus

Smash Cadet
I really dislike campers even though on melee I did many times on Pichu. I would like to sit back and let the guys hit back and fore; but it does get boring and sooner or later, the all the other players would go after you.

Top Bottom