• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lloyd Updates

tempesttime

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=4897]Lloyd Updates[/drupal]

One of the greatest updates I have to offer to Project Lloyd is that I figured out how to make effects both fade out and fade in. I also now know how to make objects and parts within an object (i.e. objects attached to bones) disappear without having to create another instance of the GFX. I came across this completely by accident when I was searching through the original effect files in the game (SSBB). I extracted the data and imported the beast model and animation over the original effect and animation. I linked up the other visibility animation data and transparency animation data so they connected with the Beast model (I didn't change anything having to do with these two new elements yet). By pure coincidence, it worked. I had to change the data values a bit to perfect it, but now I know how to create gradual transparencies in Brawl.
Oh, I am also creating the GFX for Lloyds Final smash [Falcons Crest] from scratch. Credit to SqLeon for helping me greatly with most of these advancements (he helped me to import and PSA code Lloyd)

On to the actual (most recent) updates:
  • Overhauled: all crouch related animations, Turn animation, Tiger Blade animation, wait1 animation, walk break animation, Falcons Crest animations (with the help of SqLeon)
  • Added new version of demon fang [Believe it or not, I made the new demon fang model out of Wolf's Lazer model XD ] (I am making a much better version, don't worry)
  • Much smoother flame trails were added to Blazing Tempest (with the help of SqLeon)
  • Mid air rising falcon works (again...we had a problem during development DX) and is now no longer broken (with help from SqLeon)
  • Lloyds hilts are no longer visible in battle, but appear during the victory screen
Detailed Updates:
Beast:
*NOTE- This does NOT include the psa work or pc_lloyd bone position. Just the model itself.

Model= 100% complete
  • Completed because it was pre-made
Model Animation= 100% complete
  • Doesn't shrink anymore to accompany transparent shift
Colour/Visibility Animations= 100%% complete
  • Fades out like in ToS and other To games

Falcons Crest Models:
Falcons Crest-

Model 1= 80% complete
  • Still need to add sparkle effects and colorful spheres
Model Animation= 80% complete
  • Need to increase size of Falcons Symbol
  • Need to create pulsing effect for second bottom ring
Colour/Visibility Animations= 0% complete
  • When the model is done, I will begin this
----------
Model 2= 100% complete

Model Animation= 80%
  • Need to sync up growth speed with Lloyds jump speed
Colour/Visibility Animations= 0%
  • When the model animation is done, I will begin this
----------
Model 3= 0%
  • Haven't started
Model Animation= 0%
----------
Model 4= 0%
  • Haven't started
Model Animation= 0%
The next update will be released when all 4 models are imported (don't worry, I made the Falcons Crest base rig in the span of 3 hours XD ), the new Demon Fang model is added (I just need to edit the vertex a bit and apply a proper texture), and the hilts are the correct models (this may or may not be before the update).

Top Bottom