• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little touches you would put in the story mode

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
What little touches would you put in the game, that wouldn't work for the main modes but would be good for the story mode?
I for example would put a routine of Paper Mario 2:
Sometimes, by entering in a pipe or into a teleport device, you appear inside an element of the background, being it a TV, a picture or a murales. So you become flat like in the Flat Zone stages (if pause the game and try to turn the camera you notice your character has became bidimensional) and you happen to fight against 2d stlized enemies.
Just imagine a wall of TV screen and you have to pass through all of them in a route like this:

GOAL<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>> ^
^ <<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>> ^
^ <<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>> ^
^ <<<<<<<START

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What if you could dive underwater for underwater based stages? You can't drown in these stages, but you do have an air meter, which if it runs out, you'll start taking damage at the same rate as if you were under the Lip's Stick effects. You'll have to swim into large bubles like in Super Mario Galaxy to restore the meter. You can attack enemies most effectively using air attacks when swimming, but if theres ground below you then you can attack nomrally, but many projectiles move slower.

As far as underwater enemies go, they could use Bloopers and Cheep-cheeps from Mario. And they should definetely use Mizzo (the way it moves makes it look like an enemy intended for water)

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I would just like to see more enemies in the game form the series represented in it koopa's, goomba's, waddle dee's waddle do's, etc... And more bosses from those games.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
What if you could dive underwater for underwater based stages? You can't drown in these stages, but you do have an air meter, which if it runs out, you'll start taking damage at the same rate as if you were under the Lip's Stick effects. You'll have to swim into large bubles like in Super Mario Galaxy to restore the meter. You can attack enemies most effectively using air attacks when swimming, but if theres ground below you then you can attack nomrally, but many projectiles move slower.

As far as underwater enemies go, they could use Bloopers and Cheep-cheeps from Mario. And they should definetely use Mizzo (the way it moves makes it look like an enemy intended for water)
Then we should set different levels of apnea for the many charactaers, (Mario A+, Sonic F-). But that's a good idea.
I'd like also to see the chainsawandhokeymasksharks from Virtual Boy Wario Land:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Then we should set different levels of apnea for the many charactaers, (Mario A+, Sonic F-). But that's a good idea.
I'd like also to see the chainsawandhokeymasksharks from Virtual Boy Wario Land:
I've never played any of the Wario Land games, but that would definetely be a good underwater enemy for Smash.

I would just like to see more enemies in the game form the series represented in it koopa's, goomba's, waddle dee's waddle do's, etc... And more bosses from those games.
Agreed, the only enemies that got taken from other games were all from Mario. They should have a bigger variety.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
A new rumor suggests that if you smash attack a character 19 times in a row, the sound of each hit plays a note in Totaka's song. But no one has recorded and played each hit back to back, or even attempted to fake it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Certain stages involving water may bring Nibbla into the mix.

Much like in Donkey Kong Country 3, Nibbla is invincible, and it'll chase after you, waiting for you to fall into the water. If you're in the water, Nibbla will deliver a swift bite that would surely lead to you getting heavily damaged, if not KO'd.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Certain stages involving water may bring Nibbla into the mix.

Much like in Donkey Kong Country 3, Nibbla is invincible, and it'll chase after you, waiting for you to fall into the water. If you're in the water, Nibbla will deliver a swift bite that would surely lead to you getting heavily damaged, if not KO'd.
That or Lockjaw:

Or some fusion of them. Seriously, I think the most of the enemies that looks enough alike will eventually get fused. Like the squid of Mario's series and the squid of Kirby's series. Thought, as I said, it would be funny if when you beat up a hybrid enemy it splits into its original components.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
They could also use an enemy like the Bubbas from Super Mario 64, Big Berthas from SMB3, or Cheep-Chomps from NSMB and NSMBW.

Or, dare I mention that giant Cheep-cheep in the Jungle Puddle level from Yoshi's Story. I hated that level so much just because of those things...

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
The discussion is slipping on the enemies, there is already a thread for theme:

http://smashboards.com/threads/what-enemies-would-you-like-to-face-in-the-story-mode.326097/

Let's talk more about the enviriment, cutscene and easter eggs.
For example, if stay still on some points of the stages, you will see something happening in the background. Most frequently a character making a comparition (and his her its trophy becoming avaiable).
Another sample: In Kirby's world, once you defeat Wispy Woods, his jaw will drop underground, so his mouth will become a passage whose other egde is the mouth of the Deku Tree in Zelda's world.
Another sample either: In some stage's background we will find a movie poster depicting the two forms (human and fox) of James Mc. Cloud, posing like this:

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Well then in that case i think it would be cool if there was a stage like the Bowser's Castle sages from Mario Bros you run along hopping lava pits fireballs coming at you and you have to fight Bowser at the end even have the whole axe to cut the bridge. It would be fun and nostalgic as well as other boss stages like that. Fighting Dedede in the ring that kinda thing.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Yeah! And maybe it's Little Mac fighting King Dedede. Something nostalgic and something unexpected. That's what I would like to have from the whole story mode. Not just blatant nostalgia fan service.

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
I would love to see the 2d level aspect designed a lot better than brawl's was (I played subspace a bit ago and it was bland more than anything) and taking stories pieces from each character. Starting with Mario and Co which could lead to meeting up with Yoshi which could lead to etc. And having the level designs from each character. As with a better aspect of bosses (which is understandly hard to properly do without spoiling games like Mother 3).

I would love to have the time I invest in the overall game to be at least 1/20th of the time in the story mode as compared to the last 3 games.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I would love to see the 2d level aspect designed a lot better than brawl's was
How about like in Klonoa, with the track oftenly curving in the depth? So, just to make an example, you are in front of a fork, the top path bends forward the background while the bottom path bends forward the foreground. As result of that the to paths will lead to two different locations, with a different background due to the perspective change.
This would also open the possibility to have cylindric stages (or at least locations) like in Nebulus.
In case you don't know that old classic here is it:
I choosed on purpose the C64 version to show you that you don't require great machine power to perform a 3D task like that, just some human effort.

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
Wow this is off subject but that game looks great. I think that would be great for some levels or a piece added in the mini games ( like break the targets) as long as its not the entire level.
Mainly because I think the story should also help explain mechanics in the game like what was done in Super Metroid ( although that's wishing which I know isn't true).

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Assist Trophy characters having a presence in the story. Like they'll fight beside you in certain levels.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Assist Trophy characters having a presence in the story. Like they'll fight beside you in certain levels.

That would be really awesome, and certainly easy to do since the characters already have models made.

Top Bottom