• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little question about AGTing

Player -0

Smash Hero
So you know how you can grab items when you airdodge in a direction and stuff? I hope so.
My question is if you can airdodge and grab an item that's not in your hand and then throw it from the airdodge to cancel it.

So, Link threw a bomb up and when it comes back down, Link airdodges into the bomb to grab it, and then throws it. Is that possible?

Yeah I guess you could grab it with grab but for some situations it's not in the right spot to grab it.

Flush 5

Smash Cadet
I believe you can catch then throw in the same air dodge, but it requires very precise timing. The throw by itself happens by A + direction or c-stick immediately after initiating the dodge, within a few frames I think, so it's tough enough. I don't think I've ever done a catch/throw with just one.
The situation you describe is not possible bc the bomb goes too far above Link while the glide is not enough, however, part of his advanced recovery involves the AGT up followed by a quick Up B into the bomb. There's a crazy video of toon link surviving under Fountain of Dreams for almost 30 seconds using some insane AGT and wall jump techs.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I believe you can catch then throw in the same air dodge, but it requires very precise timing. The throw by itself happens by A + direction or c-stick immediately after initiating the dodge, within a few frames I think, so it's tough enough. I don't think I've ever done a catch/throw with just one.
The situation you describe is not possible bc the bomb goes too far above Link while the glide is not enough, however, part of his advanced recovery involves the AGT up followed by a quick Up B into the bomb. There's a crazy video of toon link surviving under Fountain of Dreams for almost 30 seconds using some insane AGT and wall jump techs.
I meant Link throws the bomb from the ground and just waits for it to come back. Yeah, I've seen the TLink video, Link might be able to do something similar with bombteching.
Edit: Thanks, I'ma try it later.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
This is called instant tossing, it happens when you do an AGT input into an item.

I literally just made two gifs of this technique for a Tink project I'm working on, it should show you what it looks like.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
This is called instant tossing, it happens when you do an AGT input into an item.

I literally just made two gifs of this technique for a Tink project I'm working on, it should show you what it looks like.

Isn't this essentially the exact same thing as an AGT?

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
That's what I thought, so it confused me when people started giving it a new name, I thought it was supposed to be something entirely different from an AGT.

Top Bottom