• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac wouldn't be a problem if Battlefield variants were in For Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Title. Little Mac is designed to be balanced around airgame mattering. But on FD, it barely does as ground game is emphasized. Thus, Little Mac unfairly looks more powerful than other characters. In reality, he is NOT overpowered. But, in a Smash 4 where FD is the only stage used, he is overpowered. This is why For Glory needs to include Battlefield variants, or at least 'Battlefield' in the mix.

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
Why am I the only person that feels battlefield strengthens mac? The platform height is just too perfect to accommodate his upsmashes while simultaneously guarding him from reciprocation.

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Actually you're not the only one, i think so too! I mean not that strength him because there is nothing better for him than FD but i've being forcing myself to play in this stages and i still think a good Little Mac doesn't do too bad in this kind of stage.

If they are in one of the side platforms you can usmash them, sometimes your the punch doesn't reach them but if you position it right you'll hit them. Another option is to do a quick side b (pressing b exactly after doing it) and under them (against the edge of course) sometimes your punch goes high enough to hit them and if not just do a SH and then do the side b, do it low enough so if you fail or they shield you'll land in the ground of the stage anyway, that way is safe.

If they're on the middle platform you should try double jump and up b to them and quickly fast fall to don't be punished, you probably won't hit them but with luck you at least will pressure them enough to come down, and if you do hit them you should stay in the platform waiting for them to try an aerial against you and counter it with your usmash exactly like you do in the ground, but even better because that high your uppercut will KO them in no time.

If they are landing in middle platform and you are on one of sides you should try to SH side b them, again low enough, if you do it right is rewarding and if you fail is safe anyway.

I think the longer we train in this platform stages the stronger we'll get in them.

And for example this is how a good Little Mac player should be fighting in Battlefield, and against Yoshi one the ones i think with stronger aerials in this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A7xpyMNVJo

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Little Mac isn't a problem, he sucks and is a free win every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom