• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac Gameplay Research Thread >>>[A bit of exact K.O Punch info found!

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Welcome to the Research thread I made for Little Mac! The purpose of this thread is to serve as a discussion of all the little details of Mac's gameplay mainly including things that require testing to confirm.

Whenever a question pops up that is about Little Mac's gameplay or moveset that needs to be looked into, this is the thread where testing of such scenarios can be conducted and results discussed.

For example, the question, "Can Little Mac's K.O Punch be countered?" could be discussed here and tested (though this particular question wouldn't take too long and has already been solved, the answer's no) by people with the free time and the resources (e.g a friend with another 3DS).

Power Meter Research

For something to research, I'd like to see if we can find out exactly how much damage Little Mac has to give AND receive to build his Power Meter.

EDIT-A1: After doing some training testing, the K.O Punch was available after dealing exactly 333% of pummelling damage to a Villager. I also discovered that Power Meter building has grinding, so that it takes longer to fill as you fill it up more. I will commence testing of damage receiving soon.
  • EDIT-A2: I noticed something interesting about building the Power Meter. How much damage is required actually varies based on the increments of damage. For example, when I build it all up by pummelling I get the Punch at 333%. But when I pummel and occasionally down throw, I seem to get it at quite a bit of damage later. I think the idea is that if you're throwing around powerful attacks it builds slower compared to smaller bits of damage at a time. It's a little confusing though.
  • EDIT-A3: I'm not so sure that building it from dealing damage is grinding, but rather stretching out the Meter since Mac has to deal so much damage to receive it. I don't think the Meter builds in consistent fractions when built via dealing damage.
EDIT-B1: I just tested pummelling a Little Mac, and when receiving damage a Mac gets the Punch at exactly 100% damage, therefore building it at exactly 3.33x the rate Mac builds it from dealing damage. I will test if the incremental variance that occurs with dealing damage applies to receiving it as well.
  • EDIT-B2: After some more testing, I have discovered that the increments Mac is dealt damage in does not affect how much his Power Meter builds, so regardless of the attacks used on him Little Mac will get the Punch after receiving 100% damage. I'm still trying to work out exactly how dealing different amounts of damage as Mac varies in growth of the Power Meter.
  • I also discovered that since the game displays the Power Meter to the player in 10 bars, 1 bar represents 10% charge. I tried testing this to see how the game rounds, and it turn out for the display of the Power Meter it rounds up to the nearest '10'. That means that say a Mac has taken 32% damage, there will be four bars in the Power Meter since it rounds 32% charge up to 40% (four bars out of 10) for the Power Meter that you see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom