• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Literally throw my hands up with this MU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

33percentgod

Smash Apprentice
I just can not understand how to face this character. I just lost 9 - 0 playing against a Sonic main. I think the most damage I got on him was 54% and that was with both of my stocks.

The thing I just don't get with Sonic is how to distinguish moves and how Sonic seems to have 0 penalty for missing/misreading one of this offense moves. All I see is "spinning ball", that doesn't really let you know even the slightest which move is coming out. Then, if he misses a move, he has INSTANT control of the character and you can throw out another move. I just can't understand how to punish a character that has 0 penalty for making a bad judgement. The minute you get grabbed, or hit once, he automatically is guaranteed like 5 follow up moves and there's NOTHING you can do about it. And if the opponent misses or you shield? Doesn't matter, he just throws out another move before you can even finish your de-shield animation.

I main Bowser, but I tried Villager, DK, and Little Mac against Sonic and still lost 9 - 0 simply because I can't read the moves and he can just keep throwing out attacks with no penalty.

What am I missing here? I kept playing the Sonic to try to read the character better, but no matter how many times I come across a Sonic main, it's a blood bath because you're simply forced to be blind against his moves. I've read the match up pages on here and it seems that it's agreed Sonic has trouble with projectiles, but Villagers rocket or DDD's gordo are pointless when Sonic can be in your face in half a second.

TLDR version: Can't read Sonic because the way his moves all start and it's a futile match up.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So you can't learn how to recognize or punish moves?

All Marth does is swing his sword. I can't see the differences.

Both Villager's Fair and Bair are the same slingshot how am I supposed to know this?

Little Mac only punches? This is impossible to read.

tl;dr git gud

:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom