• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of character-specific combos only possible on DK/Bowser

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I love DK alot right now. He's powerful with fast attacks, awesome combos, and tons of spikes. I would main him in a heartbeat if it wasn't for one little thing...

It seems like almost every character in the game has some specific combo that is only possible on DK/Bowser because they are absolutely huge. I can't choose DK for my first match in a tournament, because I'm afraid they'll choose DeDeDe. To me, DK is a counterpick only character, which is dissapointing, because of the many combos he's vulnerable to being hit by. Also, this makes playing DK hard, because you have to know for sure that your opponent's character doesn't have something that can completely decimate you, which requires you to know about every character matchup! In order to make it a bit easier to know when to play DK, I wanted to start a list of combos that are only possible on DK/Bowser. There are two incredibly sickening (and rather unfair) things that immediately come to mind right now for me:

- DeDeDe's inescapable infinite chain throw (0-999%)
- Ice Climber's chain throws (0-999%)

Those two are just to get the ball rolling for now.

ShuffleTrain

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it really steams my tea pots to know that DK is in such good shape but still whimsicaly slow on some attacks, and how Bowser's spike studded everywheres and rock hard skin mean nothing if a character can bounce you on a fingertip...

Yeah Falco's down throw can chain grab, too.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I agree 100%. Granted, I play with my friends 95% of the time and we don't do the whole infinites thing (not that any of my buddies know about them, let alone how to do them).

DK got a huge buff, but he still has his big size disadvantage.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
yeah, but that size is also a blessing when you think about it, my IC and falco friends can't kill me till about 180+ and I get extreme range because his arms are so **** big

the trick is to know his quick attacks, DI out of everything, and always try to get the first hit
the first hit is twice as important for dk because of his size, but if you can knock the chainthrowers off the ground they can't set you up

(You can spot dodge and roll out of Dededes chain throw, so if he grabs you hold the R button and either start tapping directions or mash the cstick)

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
yeah, but that size is also a blessing when you think about it, my IC and falco friends can't kill me till about 180+ and I get extreme range because his arms are so **** big

the trick is to know his quick attacks, DI out of everything, and always try to get the first hit
the first hit is twice as important for dk because of his size, but if you can knock the chainthrowers off the ground they can't set you up

(You can spot dodge and roll out of Dededes chain throw, so if he grabs you hold the R button and either start tapping directions or mash the cstick)

Unless I'm mistaken, DeDeDe has a chain throw specific to Bowser, DK, Luigi, Samus, and one or two others. He doesn't have to move, he just grabs over and over.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
Unless I'm mistaken, DeDeDe has a chain throw specific to Bowser, DK, Luigi, Samus, and one or two others. He doesn't have to move, he just grabs over and over.
Yeah, his infinite grab is the worst thing ever for those guys, and its super easy on DK, while rather hard on Luigi.

Top Bottom