• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of all Ness True Combos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oBeast

Smash Cadet
Everyone knows pk fire > down throw> fairs.... But what other true combos does ness have? i looked around and couldnt find any. Was hoping anyone with the know could make a sticky with a list off all the combos in the first post and then add more as they are discovered.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Everyone knows pk fire > down throw> fairs.... But what other true combos does ness have? i looked around and couldnt find any. Was hoping anyone with the know could make a sticky with a list off all the combos in the first post and then add more as they are discovered.
One that I know of is FF Up air at zero percent is true. Ribs told me about that one.

XCounter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CrossCounter
3DS FC
2981-7233-0181
Dthrow combos into every aerial except dair (I've heard some people say dthrow > bair is a true combo depending on DI, but I've never managed it myself).

Utilt can combo into itself, nair and uair. Maybe fair as well, but I've never been able to pull it off.

Dtilt pretty much combos into everything except PKT2 if it trips. Maybe not dair, but there's no reason to use that move in that situation anyway.

Dash attack combos into uair, nair, fair and RAR bair at low percents.

FF Uair has the most combo potential. It can combo into jab, every tilt, every aerial except dair and every smash attack except fsmash. On Fox (and maybe on some other fast fallers), FF uair > utilt > nair is a true 31% combo.

Fair combos into itself (I think the max is 3 fairs in a row, 4 might be possible). It can also combo into nair and uair.

I've only managed to combo nair into itself once. Not sure how legit that combo is, but I'll lab it and come back with results.

PKT's tail can combo into PKT2. The head can combo into aerials, tilts and smash attacks if you use it to bring the other character towards the stage.

Depending on where it activates, PK Fire pretty much combos into everything if the other player is trapped in it.

Fully charged PK Flash combos into every aerial. Probably don't even need to say it, but you won't ever land this unless you happen to break a shield at 0%. Might be worth keeping in mind for style points (and a max of 52%).

These are all DI dependent and some combos won't work on floatier/lighter/shorter characters. I've got rough % guidelines on almost all of these combos. I haven't messed around with the combo potential of the weak hitboxes on aerials, but there might be some things to work with. Idk if Yink Yink would want to sticky this or not.

Last edited:

oBeast

Smash Cadet
Thanks a ton xcounter, I def need to practice fast falling upairs then, and wow a combointo pkt2??? I cant fully picture how that's set up at themoment, but IMO being able to pull that off often would make u a really scary player, have any footage or know of any vids where that is pulled off?

Last edited:

XCounter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CrossCounter
3DS FC
2981-7233-0181
Thanks a ton xcounter, I def need to practice fast falling upairs then, and wow a combointo pkt2??? I cant fully picture how that's set up at themoment, but IMO being able to pull that off often would make u a really scary player, have any footage or know of any vids where that is pulled off?
No problem.

I'm not quite sure if this is a true combo, but I know it can true combo and it's a good example of a setup.
http://gfycat.com/MammothSereneBallpython

Uffe

Smash Hero
That's true? At what percents? If it is holy $@%&.
0-16%

It's not a true combo, but it's a good string, because it'll be least expected due to the cross-up. Unless I'm missing something, you have to be pretty close to your opponent.

SH > bair > nair > grab > d-throw > fair x2 = 40-50%

If your opponent is at 15-16%, this is harder to pull off because of the knockback on nair. Also, at those percentages, there is no cross-up. So depending on the percentage will determine how you must execute the string. The following is if Ness is facing the left of the stage:

0%
→ bair → nair leads into cross-up ← dash grab

1-16%
→ bair → nair → dash grab

Go the opposite direction of the arrows if Ness is facing the right of the stage.

Last edited:

CaptainZeroSkill

Smash Rookie
Dthrow combos into every aerial except dair (I've heard some people say dthrow > bair is a true combo depending on DI, but I've never managed it myself).

Utilt can combo into itself, nair and uair. Maybe fair as well, but I've never been able to pull it off.

Dtilt pretty much combos into everything except PKT2 if it trips. Maybe not dair, but there's no reason to use that move in that situation anyway.

FF Uair has the most combo potential. It can combo into jab, every tilt, every aerial except dair and every smash attack except fsmash. On Fox (and maybe on some other fast fallers), FF uair > utilt > nair is a true 31% combo.

Fair combos into itself (I think the max is 3 fairs in a row, 4 might be possible). It can also combo into nair and uair.

I've only managed to combo nair into itself once. Not sure how legit that combo is, but I'll lab it and come back with results.

PKT's tail can combo into PKT2. The head can combo into aerials, tilts and smash attacks if you use it to bring the other character towards the stage.

Depending on where it activates, PK Fire pretty much combos into everything if the other player is trapped in it.

Fully charged PK Flash combos into every aerial. Probably don't even need to say it, but you won't ever land this unless you happen to break a shield at 0%. Might be worth keeping in mind for style points (and a max of 52%).

These are all DI dependent and some combos won't work on floatier/lighter/shorter characters. I've got rough % guidelines on almost all of these combos. I haven't messed around with the combo potential of the weak hitboxes on aerials, but there might be some things to work with. Idk if Yink Yink would want to sticky this or not.
Weak hit of Bair true combos into Up air.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Not a true combo but a good string i do all the time.

At 0 percent:
FF Up air -> Up tilt -> Nair -> Bair or Fair depending on which why they get hit after nair.
Also if you ff the fair into the ground it is possible to regrab them.

Kazeelex

Smash Rookie
PK fire -> pk fire -> pk fire...... if you're lucky enough, PK Fire then quickly squeeze in a PK Blast.

I miss PK Freeze :/

Last edited:

smash4

Smash Rookie

Thank You.
Mastered Almost All Of Them.
If Only This Could Of Have Been Shown To More Ness Players Who Are Willing To Main Him.

XCounter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CrossCounter
3DS FC
2981-7233-0181
Thank You.
Mastered Almost All Of Them.
If Only This Could Of Have Been Shown To More Ness Players Who Are Willing To Main Him.
It's no problem dude. Yink Yink do you think a thread with a list of combos should be made or nah

Should probably update that post; dthrow > bair is definitely a true combo, nair comboing into itself was a result of nair causing a trip state when used on grounded characters at low percents (so theoretically it could combo into anything) and a combo that'll probably never get used in tournament is uncharged PK Flash combos into up air at kill percent (true combo against Captain Falcon from about 75% to 160% with no/bad DI, maybe stops a little earlier with good DI). Haven't tested it on anything other than tall, standing characters, so I'll need to see if it works on airborne characters. Definitely won't work on shorter characters if they're grounded.

Last edited:

Gecko Moria

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3179-6596-3895
I'm pretty sure that D-throw > SHFF f-air > regrab > d-throw > f-airx2/3 is a true combo at like, 0% on heavies and fast fallers and possibly some other characters. does 40% if you can finish it with 3 f-airs. So many ways to make your opponent suffer! SHEE SHEE SHEE SHEE SHEE!

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
Up air>Footstool>DJC PK Fire>FF Up Air>Up Air
Rising Up air combos into aerials
Back Air can true combo into itself

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
It's no problem dude. Yink Yink do you think a thread with a list of combos should be made or nah

Should probably update that post; dthrow > bair is definitely a true combo, nair comboing into itself was a result of nair causing a trip state when used on grounded characters at low percents (so theoretically it could combo into anything) and a combo that'll probably never get used in tournament is uncharged PK Flash combos into up air at kill percent (true combo against Captain Falcon from about 75% to 160% with no/bad DI, maybe stops a little earlier with good DI). Haven't tested it on anything other than tall, standing characters, so I'll need to see if it works on airborne characters. Definitely won't work on shorter characters if they're grounded.
I'd say it's a good idea since we don't really have it already. It would be very helpful to people picking up the character to know basic combos (as well as more advanced ones). I know plenty of people for Mega that ask me what combos there are after generally 50% (my point being, if even good players are asking there's a good chance other people have the same questions).

Good luck. Please be sure to keep it updated!

XCounter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CrossCounter
3DS FC
2981-7233-0181
I'd say it's a good idea since we don't really have it already. It would be very helpful to people picking up the character to know basic combos (as well as more advanced ones). I know plenty of people for Mega that ask me what combos there are after generally 50% (my point being, if even good players are asking there's a good chance other people have the same questions).

Good luck. Please be sure to keep it updated!
OK, I'll get to work on it. Should be up tomorrow at the latest.

Last edited:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
This thread is now locked due to an updated thread being created. Please visit this thread for an in-depth list of Ness' combos. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom