• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List O' Games: Ten character suggestions for Super Smash Bros. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
ummm.... wait. there are a few things wrong here, in my opinion.

Birdo
Todd
James
Katt
Majora's mask rep
the fact that toad was #1.

the rest were.... ok, imo. except Ridley and Tom Nook. they were good. I liked them.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
ummm.... wait. there are a few things wrong here, in my opinion.

Birdo
Todd
James
Katt
Majora's mask rep
the fact that toad was #1.

the rest were.... ok, imo. except Ridley and Tom Nook. they were good. I liked them.
Hehehe i was gonna say but sometimes its best to let someone else.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Birdo --> YESS YESS YESS VERY YESS

Ridley -> yess!!

James Mccloud -> Prefer Black Shadow/Deathborn/Blood Falcon more, but he would be alright I guess. Anyone else (from f-zero) besides Samurai Goro lol.

Katt -> yes!

Toad -> yes!

Everything else -> no.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi, Birdo and Toad are all valid options, but it would be a massive boost for the Mario franchise while others are still lagging. Depends how big the roster size is.

Animal Crossing won't get two, safe to say Tom Nook's chances of being playable are done.

Too many other Pokémon characters are clamouring at the door, especially with a pair of new games about to launch. A moving Pokémon Snap themed stage could be a really good idea, though.

Ridley's a no-brainer.

Melee and Brawl made it pretty clear that Samurai Goroh is next in line from F-Zero, if that franchise gets another character.

Do you seriously think Katt Monroe would beat Krystal for a female Star Fox rep spot?

Majora's Mask won't happen - any playable Zelda additions will come from Skyward Sword (the latest) or The Wind Waker / A Link Between Worlds (upcoming). They're not going back to 2000, time to move on. Personally I'm not convinced that any Zelda character can really step up and make a stronger case for inclusion than the myriad of smaller franchises waiting to get their first or second rep.

Mach Rider could be interesting. I don't really know enough about it to have a clear opinion.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I will say I have supported Majora's Mask Link being in the game and I will never stop no matter how much logic is thrown at me.

Viva la Majora.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Yeah not too likely on the majority of them... due to more popular choices being out there.

If Sakurai is willing to pull wii fit trainer out of left field, I wouldn't even try to rule out a majora rep. No one really is striking me as the most likely new character from the zelda series. Only reasoning I'll be using to rule out characters is if a more likely/popular character from the franchise hasn't made it/ they are represented in some form (balloon fighter via villager ect).

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Yeah not too likely on the majority of them... due to more popular choices being out there.

If Sakurai is willing to pull wii fit trainer out of left field, I wouldn't even try to rule out a majora rep. No one really is striking me as the most likely new character from the zelda series. Only reasoning I'll be using to rule out characters is if a more likely/popular character from the franchise hasn't made it/ they are represented in some form (balloon fighter via villager ect).
The thing is that Majora's Mask is at the most optimistic 5th in priority, and most of the others have more obvious rep choices if they decide to expand the Zelda sections.

A Link Between Worlds - we don't know a lot about the other characters here yet, but it'd be fair for Nintendo to want to showcase it.
The Wind Waker HD - Tetra, Tingle, Toon Ganondorf
Skyward Sword - Ghirahim, Demise, Impa, Groose
Ocarina of Time 3D - Sheik

Can you really see a Majora's Mask candidate beating out all of those options? It would have to be all of them, because Zelda isn't going to get two new reps in a roster Sakurai said won't be expanded drastically.

And as for Wii Fit Trainer, as surprising as she was, the fact is that she's the core rep of a title that's sold 22.67 million copies in 5 years, which is around 19.67 million copies more than Majora's Mask. In that context an argument could easily be made that she's more recognisable and iconic than "Deku Link."

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The thing is that Majora's Mask is at the most optimistic 5th in priority, and most of the others have more obvious rep choices if they decide to expand the Zelda sections.

A Link Between Worlds - we don't know a lot about the other characters here yet, but it'd be fair for Nintendo to want to showcase it.

Can you really see a Majora's Mask candidate beating out all of those options? It would have to be all of them, because Zelda isn't going to get two new reps in a roster Sakurai said won't be expanded drastically.

And as for Wii Fit Trainer, as surprising as she was, the fact is that she's the core rep of a title that's sold 22.67 million copies in 5 years, which is around 19.67 million copies more than Majora's Mask. In that context an argument could easily be made that she's more recognisable and iconic than "Deku Link."
"But I want [character] in the game and if he's not in it I'm blaming WFT for taking up his character slot!!!11!" - said everybody apparently

If I wanted to be irrationally stubborn about a character that won't be in the game, it would be for MM Link.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
"But I want [character] in the game and if he's not in it I'm blaming WFT for taking up his character slot!!!11!" - said everybody apparently

If I wanted to be irrationally stubborn about a character that won't be in the game, it would be for MM Link.
Fair enough. I think Masked Link could bring a lot to the game, and would be a great addition, but it's so ridiculously unlikely that I'd rather spend my energy supporting someone with a better chance.

Like Linebeck.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Fair enough. I think Masked Link could bring a lot to the game, and would be a great addition, but it's so ridiculously unlikely that I'd rather spend my energy supporting someone with a better chance.

Like Linebeck.
You take that idea that I will not disagree with back you heathen.

hydrokyogre

Smash Apprentice
we might as well give one of the Lylat System’s women a chance to join as well. Katt is a fan-favorite and would be a fun addition to the character roster.
Some of these suggestions were pretty strange, but this one really got me. If Star Fox is lucky enough to get a fourth representative, I can't see it being anyone who isn't Krystal, let alone a minor character with even fewer appearances than her and no unique abilities!

a linear, moving Pokemon Snap-themed course, which would be AWESOME.
Having played Pokemon Snap as a kid, I have to say this would be very interesting to see.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'd actually rather see a Goron representative, a Zora representative, or a Deku representative over Masked Link... I definitely don't think we need another Link, but I do love all the Zelda races, and I loved playing as them in Majora's Mask. Also, I inherently dislike tag team combos.

Reading through this list was a real rollercoaster of opinions for me... I mean, I get why someone might want each of these characters, sure, but... Kat? James McCloud? Todd Snapperooni (or whatever his name was)? It's surprising seeing so many characters who have really stiff competition from within their own series.

... which is the nicer way of saying "James McCloud will never get in, neither as either a F.Zero rep nor a Star Fox rep." :p

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace

A link between worlds- Possible there could be a new character, but we don't know. Pessimistically all there could be is a new Link. Toon link could be cut, but I don't personally think we will get three versions of Link if there isn't some kind uniqueness to it. (not just different weapons)

Wind Waker- We could potentially get toon zelda/Tetra or Toon Ganondorf. Probably the most likely if we go by the forbidden 7, but could as easily be dropped in favor of any of the others you listed. If we only get one zelda rep would they pick another toon character to represent a remake? or go with someone more recent.

Skyward Sword - If we go for recentness zelda wii u would be priority and gannondorf could be the main villain. Not ruling it out, but I'm not going to say skyward sword is a priority when Link doesn't have his current known looks. (he could look like this in zelda wii u)

Ocarina of time- Sheik- Okay... are you saying she counts as a newcomer? she needs to be revamped? I don't know what I'm supposed to say about sheik to be honest.

Majora- Acknowledged as a possible remake for the 3DS in the future, (despite the fact they choose a link between worlds over it... for the moment). A masked link could switch between races seen throughout the zelda series providing multiple playstyles in one character (much like pokemon trainer, and those were three new pokemon reps in one character)... so if its unique/popular enough for sakurai he'll do what he wants)

To me they are all almost as likely as the next, but I don't really care too argue. Someone will get in, the others wont. I think a Majora rep would be fun, but I really am not going to argue over which one is more deserving in the recent vs relevant vs popularity battle when two games we currently almost no info on.

Wiifit has sold a lot of games, I'll give you that. But will she by herself bring in any new players? More than a zelda rep? I doubt it. She was chosen for a unique quirky wtf character that no one expected.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Ocarina of time- Sheik- Okay... are you saying she counts as a newcomer? she needs to be revamped? I don't know what I'm supposed to say about sheik to be honest.

Majora- Acknowledged as a possible remake for the 3DS in the future, (despite the fact they choose a link between worlds over it... for the moment). A masked link could switch between races seen throughout the zelda series providing multiple playstyles in one character (much like pokemon trainer, and those were three new pokemon reps in one character)... so if its unique/popular enough for sakurai he'll do what he wants)

To me they are all almost as likely as the next, but I don't really care too argue. Someone will get in, the others wont. I think a Majora rep would be fun, but I really am not going to argue over which one is more deserving in the recent vs relevant vs popularity battle when two games we currently almost no info on.

Wiifit has sold a lot of games, I'll give you that. But will she by herself bring in any new players? More than a zelda rep? I doubt it. She was chosen for a unique quirky wtf character that no one expected.
There seems to be a bit of debate as to whether Sheik will be retained. Personally I've not seen or heard anything to suggest there will be a change, but I would think that Ocarina of Time 3D works in her favour.

As for a Majora's Mask remake - all they've done is not rule it out. It hasn't been confirmed in the slightest. Not saying 'no' straight up doesn't necessarily mean anything at all. The fact that Wind Waker is getting an update first is a clear indication of Nintendo's priorities, and with both Melee and Brawl Nintendo has focused on the last release, not an ephemeral one that hasn't even been formally announced yet.

My point about WFT was that she's actually irrelevant to the Zelda debate.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
your list is very broad but the only one on your list that seems possible in my opinion is Ridley but who knows ;)

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
There seems to be a bit of debate as to whether Sheik will be retained. Personally I've not seen or heard anything to suggest there will be a change, but I would think that Ocarina of Time 3D works in her favour.

As for a Majora's Mask remake - all they've done is not rule it out. It hasn't been confirmed in the slightest. Not saying 'no' straight up doesn't necessarily mean anything at all. The fact that Wind Waker is getting an update first is a clear indication of Nintendo's priorities, and with both Melee and Brawl Nintendo has focused on the last release, not an ephemeral one that hasn't even been formally announced yet.

My point about WFT was that she's actually irrelevant to the Zelda debate.
Eh I think she'll just be separated from Zelda if anything.

Not ruling something out is never a bad thing. Plus actually acknowledging it was wanted alongside OoT for the 3DS I think is something worth mentioning. I think Nintendo's main priority is releasing something for the wiiU, because it needs it. We also have a new team working with Sakurai, and that's potentially a new variable. Not all old variables carried over to the current game, like villager not being a fighter type. To me the rep isn't obvious.

My point is Sakurai could pick whatever unique character he wanted if no one stood out as a clear rep. Which to me... no one does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom