• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Links up B move... Cheap or Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonplant

Smash Cadet
when i play SSBM i always use link. I think he is a great powerful charicter, but my firends think im being cheap every time i use his up B :urg: . So i was wonderig what u guys think. Are they just saying that because they there bad at SSBM, or is it true, links up B is cheap. Please comment.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
You should of posted this ridiculous thread on the melee character discussion. I wanna help but I just cant build up the will power to answer this question.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
1. double posters fail...

2. this is Brawl character discussion, go to melee discussion so you can get flamed there, because you will for asking something so opinionated....

thrawn45

Smash Rookie
To be honest it isn't cheap if you are using it conservatively, but the move can become annoying really fast if you are just using up+B every single attack

iron blade

Smash Ace
To be honest it isn't cheap if you are using it conservatively, but the move can become annoying really fast if you are just using up+B
yea, it's fine if you put space between uses, but it gets really irritating if you just spam his up b

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
I would like to say I use Link to and my freinds are always telling me it cheap, I don't realy think so, it just useful to me and annoying to them, besides whenever I here a char is cheap, I just repond "Well why you use him/her?"

MRun

Smash Cadet
Chances are, if somebody says that something you're doing is cheap, it's because you're owning them with it. Granted, there are some genuinely cheap maneuvers, but what you described is not really cheap.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
Chances are, if somebody says that something you're doing is cheap, it's because you're owning them with it. Granted, there are some genuinely cheap maneuvers, but what you described is not really cheap.
Exactly what I'm going through with my friend, he thinks the spin attack lasts too long and is too strong and I hear it from him EVERY! TIME! I use it. And I use it a lot be cause he likes aerial and I usually manage to get him to fall into it.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
I find there are alot of moves that can be called cheap if they're used constantly in one match. Moves like Peach Bomber (*shudder* once the bane of my Smash existance), Flare Blade (this is the ONLY thing my friend does as his main, Roy, and yet he calls himself a Roy pro), Luigi Missle (it's not that bad, but I find the computer AI spamming it about as much as a Booth Babe at E for All spams the Peach Bomber), etc. I usually just incorporate it as a finisher with a ground-to-air combo of mine (even then, it's not always necessary if the opponent has enough damage).

So a move like the Spin Attack is only cheap with excessive use really. In Melee, I think it's best saved for last on the ground.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Link's up+b in melee was pretty strong, but it was easily punished. The ending lag was pretty bad,
and the start up isn't as fast as Bowser or DK's up+b. Link's up+b was pretty much a good surprise finisher,
and it can be used as a pretty good semi-spike as a gimpy edgeguard.
And as Lunar6 mentioned, if it is used excessively, scrubs could call it cheap. Or predictable.
Scrubs just don't know how to shield =/

In Brawl, this thing probably won't even kill at 130%
The knockback seems a lot less like every attack in the game, and it sends them in an upwards trajectory so most characters could probably come back to the edge if they don't "explode" off the screen.

Sol

Smash Lord
Links Up B has to be the cheapest move in the whole game,total overpowerd u cant even get near that thing without being sent flying

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
Links up-b in Melee isn't cheap, if anything is cheap it's glitches and Sheiks forward A but I know no pros agree with me cause they mostly use that kind of tactic or Falco's down A-arial. So no it's not cheap unless u spam it. It got a nice add now in Brawl when u can charge it too ;P

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
Link's up+b in melee was pretty strong, but it was easily punished. The ending lag was pretty bad,
and the start up isn't as fast as Bowser or DK's up+b. Link's up+b was pretty much a good surprise finisher,
and it can be used as a pretty good semi-spike as a gimpy edgeguard.
And as Lunar6 mentioned, if it is used excessively, scrubs could call it cheap. Or predictable.
Scrubs just don't know how to shield =/

In Brawl, this thing probably won't even kill at 130%
The knockback seems a lot less like every attack in the game, and it sends them in an upwards trajectory so most characters could probably come back to the edge if they don't "explode" off the screen.
Let's not forget that this move is chargeable in Brawl. If it didn't hit very hard it probably wasn't charged up all the way. I think that it will be plenty powerfull enough when its charged.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
alright this doesn't belong here first off, and second, no, this move is not cheap. it is one of the most easily punishable moves in the game by pretty much ANY character

it's a decent move with some nice power, but it's hard to land on most good players, and its just too easily punishable

anyways, seeing as this doesn't belong here...

*bowser fsmash*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom