• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Links downtilt spike.

Darkfrog

Smash Cadet
Hey.
I have been playing Link for over a year now, and i still dont get how his downtilt spike works. It seems to me that its random, but then again i dont think it is :p
Does anybody know?

THE AVENGER

Smash Journeyman
i use this alot for samus im not sure if im right but i think its before they hit the sword so they cant touch the sword. I dontthink im right though but thats how i usaly do it

Skler

Smash Master
The downtilt acts as a meteor spike if you hit with the hilt/inside of the sword. It has to be very close to Link for it to spike.

Vegard

Smash Lord
The downtilt acts as a meteor spike if you hit with the hilt/inside of the sword. It has to be very close to Link for it to spike.
But when you hit the opponent wrong, he will also go up, and not get meteored or spiked... Maybe he wanted to know when and where you shoud hit to make your opponent get spiked/meteored.

demonsbane105

Smash Journeyman
well, there's always the nair if it hits wrong, assuming his damage is medium/semi-high. usually the spin spike would be a better choice since it's simple to time and has an effect similar to a spike after the first swing.

Darkfrog

Smash Cadet
well, there's always the nair if it hits wrong, assuming his damage is medium/semi-high. usually the spin spike would be a better choice since it's simple to time and has an effect similar to a spike after the first swing.

The spinspike is imbosiple to do in PAL version, which is the one i am playing. I am guessing its kinda like THE AVENGER said, they have to touch the sword, not the other way around... Guess ill go figure it out then. Thanks ^^

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
it's not a spike. go to FD and set 2nd player hanging on the edge>place your link so that his front foot is stepping on the purple outline of the stage>d-tilt. this may help you find the correct positioning.

Joner

Smash Cadet
The spinspike is imbosiple to do in PAL version, which is the one i am playing. I am guessing its kinda like THE AVENGER said, they have to touch the sword, not the other way around... Guess ill go figure it out then. Thanks ^^
So how come I keep spinspiking my friends with my PAL Super Smash? ;)

Top Bottom