• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Crossbow Training!

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so, a few months back there was a new accessory to the wii, the zapper, and it featured a short game based off of the TP world, and Link learning how to use a crossbow.

When I saw this, my thought was, what if every character who had some kind of item or special ability was actually able to change that aspect, though it would still have the same effect.

Link would thus switch out his Hero's Bow for this crossbow, same stats, but a nice visual treat. This could work for other things as well; Bomb Flowers instead of Barnes Bombs, or the Master Sword being switched for the Biggoron or Great Fairy Sword.

And other characters as well. What if Peach would once in awhile pull Proffessor Toadsworth, Samus uses an Ice Beam rather than the Blaster, so on and so blagh... you get the idea.

Irow

Smash Ace
It would be nice, but I'd really rather have the developers spend time on balancing the game out more.

I don't know, I think I'd rather have Link's costume's be more stylized. Like the blue outfit looking like the Zora suit.

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
It would be nice, but I'd really rather have the developers spend time on balancing the game out more.

I don't know, I think I'd rather have Link's costume's be more stylized. Like the blue outfit looking like the Zora suit.
QFT

Although I agree if they did any of this it would have to be changes to visuals only, no hitbox/power changes.

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
Of course balancing the game is top priority, however, look at all the other visual stuff they have added. I have no doubt whatsoever that this game will be very balanced. Think about, the time they spent by making Smashville's environment be affected by your Wii clock. They could just have not done that and worked more on balance, this could apply to anything. And to that affect, maybe they will later add more new costumes for everyone. If you could unlock more costumes, that would be cool.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Of course balancing the game is top priority, however, look at all the other visual stuff they have added. I have no doubt whatsoever that this game will be very balanced. Think about, the time they spent by making Smashville's environment be affected by your Wii clock. They could just have not done that and worked more on balance, this could apply to anything. And to that affect, maybe they will later add more new costumes for everyone. If you could unlock more costumes, that would be cool.
that would be a really cool idea. link would have another costume added with the crossbow, different sword, ect. any new items would have to have the same speed, stats, everything, otherwise it would be like playing a cheap knockoff of that same character

Akiak

Smash Ace
Cool, remembers me of a simple fighting Billy and Mandy game I played back when I was a kid.
There where three costumes for everyone and their attaks changed with each suit.

How about if Pikachu had a shiny pokemon costume (dark orange) and in his intro he would sparkle just like in the game!

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
This is a really nice concept however I would also prefer the crossbow as a pickup item since we are extremely lacking pickups from the zelda series. The only one that comes to mind is the piece of heart. I'm suggesting that a pot could be a pickup and it would be like a capsule. Once the pot breaks it releases an item. Its way too late to get this in now, unless it already is but i doubt it. I just think It would be kinda cool to have more Zelda Items.

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
More Zelda items indeed I think so too, the Crossbow is a gr8 example for an item, otherwise there's only Bunny Hood and Heart Container.
Still changing items for every character would take like 5 years to make xD there's simply too much :p
BTW how many here have got Link's Crossbow Training and got Platinum on every stage? It took me less than 12 hours to do it so...I'm curious how many more there are here

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
I played through the game once, got bored, put in my collection. For me it was a nice one time through game.

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I guess it gets pretty boring once you've gotten Platinum on every stage but multi-player just gotta increase the fun rly, haven't tried that out yet though

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Hello? Bombchus anyone? Once you set them down they crawl over the stage until they blow up or hit someone. Think bob-ombs only they can walk on ceilings and the underside of a stage.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
offtopic a bit but......
i got 316736 points on level 3 in score attack. BOOYA!

btw that would actually be kinda kewl if there were some visual differences in things at random! of course no stats changes or anything at all. only maybe sometimes, and i emphasize sometimes, it can have different stats kinda like peaches different turnips.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
That'd definately be a sweet addition. Kind of like all of the equippable weapons in the Soul Caliber games, minus the stat differences.

Just another way to customize your character to your liking. :)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
As long as it's just a change of visuals, and not a total status change thingy like in Soul Calibur (with weapons, and whatnot), it'd be neat. New visuals are nice, after all. What if Samus used diffrent beams for each suits/outfits, and her missles streaked diffrent colors in each of her suit/outfits, along with diffrent colors of grapple beams. That'd be a nice touch, and a cool extra detail! :) Add extra stuff to look for(ward to) in Brawl! ;)

Biggoron Sword, Great Fairy Sword, Kikori Sword, Ordon Sword, Wooden Sword, Fairy Catching Net, Goron's Knife, etc. as alternate weapons with no stat changes for Link=awsome. I'd be totally for it, but sadly, it seems VERYYYY unlikely. :) Aww well, something neat to think of! :chuckle: You never do know, now do you=??? *points at Stage Builder* :dizzy:

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
If they do possibly make it so different weapons have different stats, which I really hope they don't, but just if they do, the crossbow would definitely have a much slower attack rate, but more power, since that is the basic difference between crossbows and bow n arrow. Though I do really hope that if they do differences with each character that they don't actually affect game mechanics, mainly cause that would unbalance the game a bit, since it is not likely for every character to have the same amount of new items or attacks unless they just make them up, on top of balancing every single one as well.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Well a cross bow is a lot different from a long bow,

long bow-you can increase the range and speed significantly, based upon your strength

cross bow-You pull it back and theres only one setting

It would knda amuse me, but if anything I would have the cross bow instead of the boomerang
-Just so I can run in with it and shoot some one with an almost unblockable projectile

Unless that happens, I would find it so much cooler to have the heroes bow. Him standing there, flexing that thing...

Kinda makes me feel like a man....:cool:

iron blade

Smash Ace
A crossbow for his sideB is sounding a lot more useful than the boomerang right now, but I haven't played the game so I wouldn't know how good the boomerang is. Hopefully it's more useful than it looks.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
The boomerang does look more useful in Brawl but I am worried about the power of the boomerang. It does not seem to have as much knock back. Awesome idea. It would be cool if the powers changed with each color. Maybe someone like Samus could have Ice, Plasma, or Wave Beam depending on her suit. Although it would be kind of cheap to be able to freeze your opponent anytime so she would have to charge it up in order for it to work. Or maybe the ice beam could have a slower rate of fire and if you use it over and over again then it will freeze your enemy for less and less time. I don't know. Cool idea.:)

Dragnil

Smash Cadet
New outfits and looks would be very nice. Stat changes, though, would probably be a bad idea, it would make a whole lot more things in need of balancing. Also the boomerang in this one isn't for knocking back, it's for pulling in. You throw the boomerang and it brings enemies closer for your charging smash.;)

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
Thankls to the stickers, there is a chance for alternate items and attacks in SSE mode only. Though it'll still be nice to see more alt costumes without stat changes, or just the crossbow as an item in general, but I dont see that happening since it would probably be just like the ray gun, just less futuristic.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
New outfits and looks would be very nice. Stat changes, though, would probably be a bad idea, it would make a whole lot more things in need of balancing. Also the boomerang in this one isn't for knocking back, it's for pulling in. You throw the boomerang and it brings enemies closer for your charging smash.;)
I was expecting it to knock back and pull in on it's way back. But now that it pulls in I will be able to make even more combos. C0oOL:)

Top Bottom