• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Vs. Toon Link match-up does Adult Link win?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Does anyone else agree with me that Link actually comes out on top in this macth up?

I mean lets look at things from a fair perspective here:

Toon link is wideley considered a much better character than link because he does not have his adult counterpart's glaring weaknesses in the air or off the edge. TL also fairs well agains most other characters because he has a very good projectile game and has powerful disjointed hitboxes which tack on some extra range.

Link, on the other hand, has more range on these hotboxes and his projectile game is filled with more powerful, faster and/or longer ranged projectiles than his cel shaded counterpart. He also boasts more strength and a sturdier build, but has AWFUL jumping ability and a poor recovery which makes him easily beat by a lot of other charcters.

so, on the whole, Toon Link > Link

HOWEVER, I still think that adult link counters toon link in a head to head match up. Here's why.

Toon link has a few options against most oponents, he can make use of his disjointed sword hitboxes, or he can rely on his projectiles, either way, he can keep a lot of his foes at bay, even if the counter one of his styles of gameplay by being better at it than he is. (i.e. marth has a better disjointed hitbox, but no projectiles. Samus has projectiles, but no disjointed hitbox) that's a pretty basic example but you get the point.

The problem with toon link in his matchup against link, however, is that link can do both better than toon link, his projectiles normally can beat out toon link's projectiles, and his sword can hit harder... AND from farther away. This means that toon link's normal 2 methods of attack won't work near as well. Toon link still has speed and aerial ability on link, and link is still rubbish of the edge of the stage, but, honestly, I don't think that can compensate for the fact that link is the dominant force ont he ground. Even if toon link goes airborne, bombs can scare him down and make his dair a poor decision.

unfortuanately, I'm a little betetr than the toon links I play against so my great record of link vs. toon link doesn't mean as much as it could. Also, I don't know anyone else around me who plays link, so I have no point of comparison... so I turn to you guys... what do you think?

Top Bottom