• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Vs Pikachu Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socratic Method

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty good at racking up damage with my projectiles (trying to imitate Lsai's strategy with that and most of his other Link strategies), but what should I do when I'm close range with Pikachu? My opponents strategy is to continuously jump and use down A. If I guard or roll out of the way, he then pulls out Pikachu's grab which is one of the fastest in the game and screws me over with this combo. It really seems to be only Pikachu and this combo that's giving me trouble so far.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Hello Socratic Method. If you ever have a character-specific question, we have a sub-forum for that. I'll be moving this thread there and locking it, so please take any further questions either to the Q&A thread, or the Link Discussion thread. This game has been out for a very long time, so remember that ours boards are filled with answers to many questions like this. Look around or use the search feature, and you'll often find what you're looking for. :)

I would suggest reading through the first post of the Link Discussion Thread if that's the character you're interested in, as there is a lot of useful information. Here's a quote from that page about fighting versus Pikachu, as Link.
[COLLAPSE="Credit to whoever wrote the Link Guide"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHJOQZgXag8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcjJAlS8lLk
Link v Pika
This is the match no Link enjoys. Fail at spacing once, and a good Pika will rip a stock from you. The odds are all against you, and getting knocked off = death.

Use your boomerangs and bombs a LOT. Both force pressure and his approach. Outcamp him and you have a chance, but it's all up to your spacing. Don't go for flashy stuff unless you're (J) Link, stick to U-Tilt and standard hits. Make the most of your U-Air, nothing he has can break that from directly above. Short hop D-Airs are your gtfo move here, do NOT risk Up-B landing the weak hit and allowing him to punish you. Edgeguard with D-Air, or B-Air at very high percentages (U-Air if he recovers high).

Try not to shield much and DON'T ROLL. If you're in your shield, sh D-Air defensively, and NEVER hookshot unless you have a hitconfirm. Don't just blindly jump backwards and throw the boomerang/pull out a bomb, there is significant lag for these actions which CAN be punished. Don't jump towards him and boomerang if he is at mid-range (just outside your sh F-Air range is a good indicator).

U-Smash at low-mid damage is hellish for you. The same goes for a grab in the **** tent. At high percents don't even think of coming from above, his U-Tilt is huge and will crush your D-Air. Never underestimate his aerial range, even if you manage to shield it most of his aerials allow him to dash-grab you on the shieldstun.[/COLLAPSE]

Anyways, I hope this helps and welcome to the forums! If you have any questions about the boards, feel free to send me a PM. Otherwise, simply post in the appropriate thread with any other questions you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom