• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link vs. Lucario

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
How well does Link hold up vs. Lucario? I know Lucario struggles in the neutral in general against zoning characters, but what other aspects can Link use to win the MU? Does he win at all?

Capt. NeckBeard

Smash Rookie
From my experience Link can keep lucario out to a decent extent. Links rapid jab can keep him out if spaced well even if he crouch cancels. Boomerang can limit his approaches often forcing him to approach with Double team and bombs are helpful for breaking up his combos as well as keeping him out. Links Nair can also stuff his recovery pretty easily.

However, Lucario can combo the **** out of link and can often get kills off of combos starting at low percents. I wouldn't recommend sheilding either as from my experience Link can do even less than usual out sheild against lucario s pressure and can easily be force palm grabbed out of it mid pressure leading up to early force palm spike kills in the air

I have heard this matchup is somewhat even so I would assume the strategy is the typical: keep him at mid to long range and your good. If he's in close range then down smash, bombs and Nair are probably your best bet, but get him out of your face or get him stuck in the air before he gets a combo started

Last edited:

iMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
iStarFox
The match up just depends on who can keep spacing better using projectiles, but keep in mind Lucario has to go in and fight you when he's at 0% but once he's at high %, more Lucarios will begin to camp more, but even that's easy to get around. Just try to read your opponents and notice when they charge, most of them roll back or shield then grab. So try to grab when you get a chance.

JesteRace

Smash Journeyman
Capt. Neckbeard gets the jist of the matchup. It's fairly straightforward. Use your disjoints, throw your ****, and stay safe. UpB's and grabs get punished even harder so be extra sure it will connect or basically never use them. I would say Link wins it solidly, if not for the touch of death. When Lucario gets in, you will feel it for a long time. He has no issues erasing stocks. Luckily, Lucario is a great combo weight for Link as well, so it's not like you have to win neutral that many times. So, imo, it's even or 55:45 Link's favor.

Top Bottom