• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Link training grounds [Wii U Edition]

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Nah, the servers just automatically delete it after a month and I haven't reposted it in a while. It should be back up now if you wanna try again.
Hey thanks a lot! I really appreciate that.

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
Stage has been edited and uploaded. I removed the non-functional stage teching area which allowed me to move that whole section down a bit to allow more breathing room underneath the FD section. I then added the small platform you see in the center which acts as the new stage tech launch pad. It also doubles as a bridge of sorts to make getting from section to section a bit easier.

To download it (not sure if this is the easiest way, but it's the best way I could figure out) head to Miiverse and go to your activity feed. Tap "search users" in the top right hand corner and look me up (NNID is the same as my username). Head to my profile, go to the activities tab and the stage should be the latest thing I've posted. From there it should give you the option to launch smash and download the stage. Enjoy!
Downloaded, this stage is the best. However, I noticed that a few characters can't use a ledge option to get into the teching area, namely Donkey Kong, Sheik, King Dedede, Captain Falcon, and Pac-Man, . Charizard can get in, unfortunately he cannot escape once inside. Any ideas on how to potentially fix this issue?

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
Downloaded, this stage is the best. However, I noticed that a few characters can't use a ledge option to get into the teching area, namely Donkey Kong, Sheik, King Dedede, Captain Falcon, and Pac-Man, . Charizard can get in, unfortunately he cannot escape once inside. Any ideas on how to potentially fix this issue?
Zelkam could reupload it with a fallthrough section on the bottom to allow those characters to jump up into it, but he'd have to reupload it so that we can download the stage again.

Appreciate the stage Zelkam, good stuff. :)

FSK

Smash Ace
It's called the 'Link training grounds'. The exclusion of other characers is part of it's definition...

I'm hoping to make an updated version, stay tuned I suppose.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
The modifications I made weren't huge, but it helps with intensity, timing and other things of that nature.

This is just the beta of my version. I am going to add more bottom ledges so its possible to practice more ledge mechanics. I made battlefield smaller so you can train in a close quarters combat kind of deal. Sadly some stuff is either to big, or just wouldn't come out the way I planned them to.
WiiU_screenshot_TV_0144F.jpg

Like I said, to be continued.

It's called the 'Link training grounds'. The exclusion of other characers is part of it's definition...

I'm hoping to make an updated version, stay tuned I suppose.
This can be helpful to ther characters as well. I just called it training grounds. I already gave this stage to the other board characters. This can help people learn the fundamentals of Smash even better.

:link:

FSK

Smash Ace
If you want to talk about a training stage for different chars you are free to do so somewhere else. This thread's topic concerns the Link training grounds. Stages specifically built for Link to practice on.

The stage you have presented is abysmal. You said you made BF smaller, then it is not BF anymore. The whole reason to include stages like FD and BF is so you won't have to switch between the stages in training mode when practicing. It's a convenience issue. The BF platforms are also different sizes and an asymetrical positioning on the stage. I do not know what went through your mind when you thought that was good enough. The rest of the teching area are overblown and take a lot more space than they need to. Although you did mention that some parts became larger than intended and some things did not come out as planned. How something can't come out as planned on something as simple as the stage editor I have no idea. Especially when your project seems to be the opposite of ambitious. The stage tech area looks useless because of the inverted staircase. You made diagonal lines on BF so you obviously know it is possible to do. Instead you just made the stage teching area not represent the stages in smash.

You call this a beta of your version (whatever that means), but it does not look like you spent more then 5 minutes making that stage. If you were going to make a final version you would need to replace everything anyway. Might as well start with a fresh canvas. The quality of what you have presented is so sub-par that I would argue it constitutes as spam.

You also mentioned you recommended timed battles. That just tells me you have no idea even how to even use a training stage.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Warning Received
If you want to talk about a training stage for different chars you are free to do so somewhere else. This thread's topic concerns the Link training grounds. Stages specifically built for Link to practice on.

The stage you have presented is abysmal. You said you made BF smaller, then it is not BF anymore. The whole reason to include stages like FD and BF is so you won't have to switch between the stages in training mode when practicing. It's a convenience issue. The BF platforms are also different sizes and an asymetrical positioning on the stage. I do not know what went through your mind when you thought that was good enough. The rest of the teching area are overblown and take a lot more space than they need to. Although you did mention that some parts became larger than intended and some things did not come out as planned. How something can't come out as planned on something as simple as the stage editor I have no idea. Especially when your project seems to be the opposite of ambitious. The stage tech area looks useless because of the inverted staircase. You made diagonal lines on BF so you obviously know it is possible to do. Instead you just made the stage teching area not represent the stages in smash.

You call this a beta of your version (whatever that means), but it does not look like you spent more then 5 minutes making that stage. If you were going to make a final version you would need to replace everything anyway. Might as well start with a fresh canvas. The quality of what you have presented is so sub-par that I would argue it constitutes as spam.

You also mentioned you recommended timed battles. That just tells me you have no idea even how to even use a training stage.
Li L olnhg wkh vwdjh pdbeh L zrxogq'w kdyh qhhghg wr hglwhg. Ehvlghv L nqhz brx ri doo shrsoh zrxog qrw olnh lw. Wklv zdv pb wdnh rq wkh wudlqlqj jurxqgv, dqg ri frxuvh L nqrz lwv qrw shuihfw, exw L dp vwloo wublqj rq lw. Grq'w jhw krvwloh wrzdugv ph iru pdnlqj pb rzq wklqj. Ehvlghv, brx zloo qhhg zdb pruh wkhq wkdw li brx zdqw wr ohduq wkh ixqgdphqwdov ri vpdvk. Jhw jrrg brx ixfnlqj gls vklw, dqg vwrs phvvlqj zlwk. Jrw lw frfn vxfnhu?

Understand?

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Li L olnhg wkh vwdjh pdbeh L zrxogq'w kdyh qhhghg wr hglwhg. Ehvlghv L nqhz brx ri doo shrsoh zrxog qrw olnh lw. Wklv zdv pb wdnh rq wkh wudlqlqj jurxqgv, dqg ri frxuvh L nqrz lwv qrw shuihfw, exw L dp vwloo wublqj rq lw. Grq'w jhw krvwloh wrzdugv ph iru pdnlqj pb rzq wklqj. Ehvlghv, brx zloo qhhg zdb pruh wkhq wkdw li brx zdqw wr ohduq wkh ixqgdphqwdov ri vpdvk. Jhw jrrg brx ixfnlqj gls vklw, dqg vwrs phvvlqj zlwk. Jrw lw frfn vxfnhu?

Understand?

Stop breaking promises you can't keep.
Oh look, he's been banned again. Can we get a room ban next please?

FSK

Smash Ace

Understand?

Yes, I do understand shifted alphabet code and so does the mods.

I'll be updating the OP any minute now with more stages!

Top Bottom