• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link secondaries?

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Don't really play Link but I thought about picking him up as a secondary for Kirby and wondered what characters could cover his bad MUs. I also posted this because all people seem to answer for secondaries is fast characters or stuff that deals with fast characters.

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
Kirby doesn't really have much of a combo game to be honest. I don't know how much he's been buffed from the transition to P:M from melee, but I assume he's much better. Although I can't see kirby having any kind of offensive game at all, really.

If you want a kirby-esque character that puts up a better fight, go for Meta Knight. If you want to experiment with link, that's totally cool, but I think MK is right up your alley. He has tons of tools to deal with fast characters, and has a decent amount of speed himself. Plus his combo game is horrifyingly absurd. Check him out and see what you think. I tinker with Meta Knight from time to time. I'm not very good with him but I can definitely say he's quite dangerous if you take the time to learn him.

Last edited:

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Kirby doesn't really have much of a combo game to be honest. I don't know how much he's been buffed from the transition to P:M from melee, but I assume he's much better. Although I can't see kirby having any kind of offensive game at all, really.

If you want a kirby-esque character that puts up a better fight, go for Meta Knight. If you want to experiment with link, that's totally cool, but I think MK is right up your alley. He has tons of tools to deal with fast characters, and has a decent amount of speed himself. Plus his combo game is horrifyingly absurd. Check him out and see what you think. I tinker with Meta Knight from time to time. I'm not very good with him but I can definitely say he's quite dangerous if you take the time to learn him.
Thanks for the suggestion but this is a Link thread so I'm not so sure it fits. Kirby does have an offensive game, what are talking about? His playstyle( hot and cold ) fits me like a glove and Meta Knight does not. Similar characters to Kirby are Pit, Puff and DK not Meta Knight. You haven't even seen me play! How can you tell he right up my alley?

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Just use the character that beats the matchups that your main can't.

If the shoe fits then wear it.

Fortress

Smash Master
Go learn Sheilda if you want a solid secondary to Link. You get two characters, for one, and two characters that cover extremes that Link himself cannot. You get an impressive trap-based game for some more defensive-focused fighting, and you get a grappler to deal with close-range threats that Link has trouble with. That's what I do, anyway.

Top Bottom