• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link or a new Horizon?

Pabrocity

Smash Rookie
I know it's been said many times, but the plain and simple is that Link is a beast. He's got the sword, the power, the great game series, and he is a very important part of smash. Indeed enough of a place that in Melee I mained him along with G-dorf and Falcon. However, Brawl is obviously strecthing the limits. There are many many character additions, and we're almost assured to get some new Zelda characters, and after two games of smash goodness, it's very possible Link could fade into a less important role.

Think about it. We could see a new Gannondorf, a new Sheik, and those alone would be quite nice, but we could also see a new character. Jumping around as skull kid and using a charge up attack akin to Deku Links magic bubbles, and then whiping out a flute for bizzare melee attacks would be sweet. What I would like most though would be a Vaati. Vaati kicks complete *** as he is, and that brings me to my main point: Vaati could well rival Link.

Firstly we have to look at Link's appeal and how he has improved. He's got his tight new TP look, with bow, sword, and alt costumes all upgraded. I'm looking forward to Dark Link myself. On the other hand, it seems likely that his specials and the way he controls (powerful but a little slow) will remain the same. Indeed, I would want it to remain the same. Even so, that does dampen his appeal with compared with a newer Zelda character. Case in point Vaati. Not only does he look amazing, and would have an updated TP-like look in Brawl, but his specials are sure to be exciting if he's included. We could see wind sorcery or other interesting attacks. His final smash would be nice as well, maybe transforming into a giant eye, while on the other hand, I found Link's lacking.

How will it go down? Link or another newer character taking his place. Everything is speculation, and Link might once again turn out on top, but what are your views on the subject?

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
well if vaati was in, he sure would be fun, with the magic and all. he'd be like a good zelda, but better (burn. . . don't hurt me!) however, link had a good number of people with him, and at least i won't switch people. links my boy, i wouldn't replace him for metapit ( a fusion of mk and pit).

but rock lee. . . ( please don't hurt me) my 3 cents, cause i'm worth it.

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
well minda is fun and all, but i got and idea. the next big movie!!! minda vs gannondorf vs vaati vs link.

yay me :)

Prinkachu

Smash Cadet
Vaati with a TP like look? no, I think if he was in (wich I doubt, tough I have to say it would be great) he would have his Minish Cap Design in a Cel-Shaded 3D.
His Final Smash could be transforming into that big eye-like monster.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
Sakurai doesn't choose the characters - Link chooses the ones he wants to own in a random coluseum setting using stock KO's. You be happy that Link doesn't kill you in real life 0_0.

Anyway, more Zelda characters is always welcome. But Link will never be overshadowed by a purple haired elf, some Skull Kid I've never heard of, Shiek, Ganondorf or a little black fairy thing in one game that everybody insists be in Brawl, even though she would be fine as an AT.

Pabrocity

Smash Rookie
Midna would be awesome as well. Maybe even Midna with the wolf. It's very interesting.

Cell-shaded though. Meh. It's a good theory, but seeing a TP Link fight a WW Link would sort of suck. Since everyone else is going through a graphics upgrade, I think cell-shaded characters would be out of place. I would say Kirby is the closest thing I would except as to less than everyone else's graphics. Oh, and the assist trophies because they're hilarious.

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
maybe an idea is not a ww link replacing y link, but a y link look with a ww move set. or would that be 2 weird?

HiIH

Smash Lord
How is having a cartoony looking character being weird? He wouldn't be cellshaded, just made in an exaggerated style.

Like say... KIRBY
PIKACHU
OLIMAR

Need I go on?

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Matt Silver said:
Sakurai doesn't choose the characters - Link chooses the ones he wants to own in a random coluseum setting using stock KO's. You be happy that Link doesn't kill you in real life 0_0.
I'm siggy-ing this.

And NO ONE can EVER replace Link, not even Fierce Deity. NO ONE. Not Chuck Norris, not a cucco, not Sheik, or Vaati, or any other lame-o character. NO ONE!!

ABSOLUTELY NO ONE.

Top Bottom