• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

link isn't better than Ike, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathbrawl2

Smash Rookie
It is to my knowledge that Ike is a better version of link that is not true, i do say myself that Ike is better than link, Ike is quite slow but his attacks are very strong and will crush someone if they come anywhere close to him, if you range against him he is defenceless because if he trys to come after you then you could jump right away and start ranging him again. I hope that paragraph has changed your thoughts on Ike

BlackTulip

Smash Cadet
No, it actually doesnt, cuz if link is the same cheap ******* he was in Melee then i dont care. My plan is to main Ike so to me he is GOD lol..

iron blade

Smash Ace
Ike has pure power, but almost all his moves have a tremendous amount of startup lag. Link is a much more balanced character. I'm not saying either is better. Ike's speed is simply an obstacle that once overcome, he will be a very good character.

HappyBirthday

Smash Cadet
Why are they even being compared? Link has many projectiles and quicker movement. The only similarity is that they have swords which doesn't mean much b/c characters like meta Knight have swords but they aren't better versions of Link

thrawn45

Smash Rookie
Why are they even being compared? Link has many projectiles and quicker movement. The only similarity is that they have swords which doesn't mean much b/c characters like meta Knight have swords but they aren't better versions of Link
amen to that

Alphanova

Smash Cadet
It isn't true, Link is more balanced in speed and power, but i think Ike is more badazz anyway so i don't care.

True Fool

Smash Ace
...What?

It makes me feel sad, so many replies, and I could not understand what the OP was saying at all.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
Link is far better than Ike, Better projectiles, speed, and recovery. The only thing Ike is superior in is power. I'm not an Ike hater (I plan on maining him) I'm just saying that you have to face facts.

Now where is Gimpy to close this thread?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It is to my knowledge that Ike is a better version of link that is not true, i do say myself that Ike is better than link, Ike is quite slow but his attacks are very strong and will crush someone if they come anywhere close to him, if you range against him he is defenceless because if he trys to come after you then you could jump right away and start ranging him again. I hope that paragraph has changed your thoughts on Ike
LOL, my IQ just almost droped. Seriously, that didn't say anything. Strong is one thing, slow is another. No one with half a brain runs into a attack stupidly, at any skill level. Ike's smash attacks literally almost charge as long as a Falcon Punch. If you walk into a Falcon Punch, you are obviously new to the series. Bowser isn't good because all his moves basically have super lag. All you got to do is dash dance away, dodge roll away, or grab him. Power doesn't mean anything unless you could land it. There could be a character with all their moves taking 2 seconds to charge to first attack and be instant KOs, but that doesn't mean they'll win.

Power=nothing, unless it is applyable.

No, it actually doesnt, cuz if link is the same cheap ******* he was in Melee then i dont care. My plan is to main Ike so to me he is GOD lol..
Link...cheap...from someone with a Fox avatar. As a Fox main, me previously maining Link/him being my 2nd best now, I know that Link is nowhere near cheap. Seriously, rank him up tierwise, and he's dead in the middle, 13th place out of 26. Fox is 1st! XD

HappyBirthday speaks the truth. O, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :laugh: :grin: :psycho:

Seriously, I couldn't read the first post. All I got was a long sentence, and a average one. It didn't even mention anything about Brawl, other then range. Range=nothing, like power, speed, and everything else unless it is applyable. And it is hard to land when you are the slowest friggen character ever in terms of attack speed. If a character can't properly apply something in battle, then it fails in most cases. Seriously, Ike may rule team battles, but if he doesn't change in terms of his attack speed, he'll probably be a low tier if he's lucky! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom