• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link HALP

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm at a complete loss on how to deal with Link. It feels like he has an answer to everything Samus has. I swear I cannot even whiff punish a single move of his.

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
Developing strong item play to work around bombs is incredibly helpful, also. Zair can stuff out boomerang, but bombs are wonky and can be difficult to deal with.

In a lot of ways, I try to treat Link like Puff, because his punish game is absurd on whiff or on block. Basically, trying to space out with dash off platform back air, and missiling whenever you make good space is really strong in the MU. Learn the spacing for shooting him in the head so you don't have to worry about him passively shielding your missiles and charge shots. He can grab you in morph ball, so you need to be careful with that, but boost ball into pivot fsmash is really strong if you can space the max range boost ball.

Ice mode isn't too bad in this MU because it lets you just throw out a hard hit if you meet in the air, and it offers somewhat more of a mix up than just trying to nair in all the time.

This is a pretty difficult, tedious MU, but strong item play is definitely the first thing to develop to ease the stress.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Will second the strong item play. Being able to Glide Toss and AGT helps me immensely in the MU, and it's pretty second nature because Snake, but Samus can definitely make use of it as well. idk how good her Glide Toss is but if it's anything like most, it's just a Brawl artifact (so it's really ****ing good).

Litt

Samus
I'm at a complete loss on how to deal with Link. It feels like he has an answer to everything Samus has. I swear I cannot even whiff punish a single move of his.
Sheild the bombs, stay in retreating morphball, jab or tilt boomerang and arrows depending on how far away/speed shot, mini charge shots are pretty useful. I got good practice against Lord HDL and IE in the MU in melee so I never really saw this MU as that difficult. I remember esam having a long set vs nick riddle in 3.02 and he only really went ice mode.

Top Bottom