• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Gimmicks

NNID
dansalvato
I keep a list of gimmicks I use to bait players into being punished. There are a huge variety of techniques besides the ol' full-hop nair, and while I won't list even close to all of them, I'd like to name a few.

-Link's jab can out-range almost any short-hopped approach the opponent makes. This means you can bait the opponent with something like a whiffed aerial and immediately jab them out of the approach.

-A frame-perfect short-hop bair can be double-jumped one frame before landing. You can go in with another bair (high enough to have no landing lag), cross up and fair, or simply retreat.

-Up-throwing spacies at low percents does not cause knockdown, so the opponent's attempt to "tech" will likely result in a shield or a roll. If you read the DI, you can "chain grab" them up until around 20% if they don't know how to escape.

Feel free to add any gimmicks or techniques of your own. Link can't win without 'em. :p

Goast

Smash Journeyman
cool stuff

my gimick is pretty much keeping a wind-like rhythm with double bairs, wavelanding, moonwalking etc. Basically make link move like luigi.

a static link is a limited one

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
-A frame-perfect short-hop bair can be double-jumped one frame before landing. You can go in with another bair (high enough to have no landing lag), cross up and fair, or simply retreat.
This is actually very interesting. If you have a video of this, I'd like to see

huMps

Smash Ace
Full hop Dbl nair on grounded opponents. Works awesome on people that like to shield grab.
Standing still and facing the other way while waiting for people to jump into your up-tilt lol

Rainbow

Smash Apprentice
That thing where you throw the boomerang but a boomerang doesn't actually come out. Usually it's useless but I remember this one Link I played with doing it and for some reason it seriously screwed me up.

Top Bottom