• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Doubles Partner/Tips?

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
So, I've got a tournament comping up on Saturday, and I think I'm interested in entering doubles. The only problem is that I don't have a partner, so I was wondering what characters I should be looking for in teammates, as well as just how Link does in doubles overall. Of course, don't be afraid to suggest that I use a different character, especially if they're in my sig, but Link is my main, so I like to stick mostly to him.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
My friend and I have a pretty decent Link/Zelda team. Assuming that both players have good situational awareness.

This is at a medium-highish level though. So my word isn't necessarily worth that much. We beat a fairly decent team pretty consistently with that pairing. All of our other character pairs fare far worse than our Link/Zelda.
I think Link is pretty good in doubles personally.

Pug

Smash Apprentice
I also play with a Zelda. Our team name is "Zelda and his Girlfriend".

My other team is "OK XBox Turn Off" and our first tournament we made it to Grand Finals. He played Fox and sniped loads of up-smash kills as I set them up with my projectiles. Up-B is fantastic, be extra careful when deciding to use your bow because once you draw it, you obviously can't cancel and if your partner gets in the way then you either have to wait for them to move (which puts you at risk) or plant an arrow betwixt their shoulder blades (which puts them at risk).

Here's the thread where I asked for tips in doubles too.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
spin2win is never more true than when playing him in doubles

Top Bottom