• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Does that count as a double post? You're riding a very fine line there, laws.
I'll allow it, just because he's Lawz and he's back.

In fact, I'll step it up a notch...though now it makes no sense.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Wouldn't you?

Oh look, I'm power tripping and abusing of my powers! Poe's law rocks!
You're clearly not acting as moderator should and are creating chaos in this thread. How could someone that we all voted to be mod do such a thing?

P.S. you know what's really sad? I had no idea who Lawz's avatar was back on AiB. I feel so bad for my old sheltered self...

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
P.S. you know what's really sad? I had no idea who Lawz's avatar was back on AiB. I feel so bad for my old sheltered self...
Dude, even I had an association of Lawz and deadpool in my head, and I didn't really become active until he left almost.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
No, what I'm saying is that I didn't know who deadpool was 5 years ago :facepalm:
Oh, well, that's just plain ten times of worse. You shouldn't have corrected me to save at least some face.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I'm very ashamed of my teenaged self...but I do have the first three volumes of deadpool classic sitting on my shelf now if that helps to redeem me in any way.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Deadpool is Okay , not really overrated , just have what he deserve .
But Batman is Overrated ... ( btw , remember Frank Miller , the guys who made TDKR and year one ... he gave us the """""""masterpiece""""" Robocop 2 and 3 )

MooCow of Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
MooCowOfJustice
I hate Deadpool. Almost as much as I hate modern Sonic games.

The Merc with the Mouth is no longer funny, because of so many people constantly telling me he is hilarious and amazing. I am excited for the movie only to see Ryan Reynolds destroy the character's chance at movies forever.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I hate Deadpool. Almost as much as I hate modern Sonic games.

The Merc with the Mouth is no longer funny, because of so many people constantly telling me he is hilarious and amazing. I am excited for the movie only to see Ryan Reynolds destroy the character's chance at movies forever.
Kinda like he did with Green Lantern? You know that Green Lantern was so bad that it made every DC movie worse. Thanks to it they have a "no jokes, ever" policy which is why every movie has to be dark and grim. This, if you remember, was a huge gripe many fans had with man of Steel. Well, green Lantern was to blame for it.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
So I see Shin met a new friend to show to his shed? and he mentioned how pretty I am?

I read that bit about the Zelda boards raiding other threads, and my thoughts were "They're so darn active they need other entire boards to stem their enthusiasm"
Hi Moo, Hi Lawz, I'm still good cop around these parts counterplaying the mass of evil and misanthropy that is the rest of us lol.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Toon link boards, or mk boards. Wait, nobody plays mk anymore. All the tier whores jumped ship into Diddy now.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
I hope more players start representing Link properly in tournaments. In the recent ladder tier list released, he was put at 41, even lower than Toon Link. Which, after a couple months after release, I can say nearly for certain isn't true.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I tried posting in the TL boards. The stiffness in that group is the same reason why I left in the first place (for Brawl). Links are much more open on the boards and the only the cool TLs chat on skype. lol.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I tried posting in the TL boards. The stiffness in that group is the same reason why I left in the first place (for Brawl). Links are much more open on the boards and the only the cool TLs chat on skype. lol.
See, he gets it. This realization is what separates boys from men. You should've posted this on the recent threads we recently had.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I hope more players start representing Link properly in tournaments. In the recent ladder tier list released, he was put at 41, even lower than Toon Link. Which, after a couple months after release, I can say nearly for certain isn't true.
God that tier list is horrible. No way Link is lower than that scrub character Little Mac, or - worse - Toon Link.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Meh, Link mains tend not to care much about tiers lists anyways. Occasionally you get try-hards that come in here constantly want to talk about how viable Link is according to the tier list, but they're not to be taken seriously.

Stiffness isn't a problem here. Come sit in Uncle Shin's lap

Hell, just a page ago someone tried to convince us we needed more of that. It didn't work out.
Tiers are Toon Link, and it really never occurs to me where the character I play places on them, otherwise I wouldn't be here generation after generation of smash. Stop focusing so much on what is, essentially, just another man's opinion. It's the kind of thing we get weekly in spam threads. Perhaps you, too, need to be purified by fire?

What do you guys think? Should we initiate the new guy?

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I've been using Greninja more than Link. Hate me, but he's fun...
I need to learn how to use Greninja so I can unlock that one music track by beating crazy order. It was EZPZ as Link, then I tried Greninja and lost in the first round...

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
What do you guys think? Should we initiate the new guy?
We should. He still focuses on tier lists, that's a bad sign.

@ ama99 ama99 stop even looking a tier lists. What o you care about what right now is essentially a popularity contest. Only scrubs focus on tier lists instead of MUs. You've been here for a while and have seen many such scrubs come, ask about how good link is wanting to play him only because they want to ride the tier list after being rekt by a player who's better than them. Don't be one of those sad scrubs.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless

@ ama99 ama99 stop even looking a tier lists. What o you care about what right now is essentially a popularity contest. Only scrubs focus on tier lists instead of MUs. You've been here for a while and have seen many such scrubs come, ask about how good link is wanting to play him only because they want to ride the tier list after being rekt by a player who's better than them. Don't be one of those sad scrubs.
Well to be fair, tier lists and MUs go hand in hand.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Well to be fair, tier lists and MUs go hand in hand.
Not really. MUs have a part is determining a tier list but they don't determine them. MUs are also determined by voting, popularity and tourney wins. All of which can be skewed by overcentralization of a supposed high tier, as happened with Mac when the game first launched.

ama99

Smash Journeyman

Like I've said before. I don't play Link because of whatever position on the tier before. I've always played Smash Bros. mostly for fun but I also follow the competitive scene. I haven't ever ignored Link just because of his low placement on tier lists. I'm hoping for more high level players to represent him at tourneys, because, historically, Links at tourneys have been very fun to watch.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Not really. MUs have a part is determining a tier list but they don't determine them. MUs are also determined by voting, popularity and tourney wins. All of which can be skewed by overcentralization of a supposed high tier, as happened with Mac when the game first launched.
Well the right way to do a tier list is based on the characters with the most favorable matchups being at the top.

Matchups should most certainly NOT be determined by popularity (Lucas was popular in the early Brawl days LOL) They should be focused on one character vs the rest of the cast, one at a time. The reason MK was top tier was simply because he was favorable overall against the cast, more so than anyone else.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Like I've said before. I don't play Link because of whatever position on the tier before. I've always played Smash Bros. mostly for fun but I also follow the competitive scene. I haven't ever ignored Link just because of his low placement on tier lists. I'm hoping for more high level players to represent him at tourneys, because, historically, Links at tourneys have been very fun to watch.
How come you've never posted here before December then? It's good to not look at tier lists since the you won't be able to Play at your max. You'll just hop from perceived high to perceived high like most scrubs who mass picked Mac when the game launched and have hence changed to another perceived high. Yo can never be a real link main while maining him for the wrong reasons. And until you flame some scrub.

Good. Good, you may yet belong on the Link Boards. May.

I propose a test of the boy's mettle, gentlemen. I propose, that rather than simply flaming him for an innocuous question of tiers, we instead give him the opportunity to prove himself.

@ Elessar Elessar feel up to unlocking a thread for just one itty bitty little post? I want to get Ama to flame someone, and I think I know just the right guy.

Edit: well, okay, great minds and all.

Will this one do? http://smashboards.com/threads/viability-of-link.382089/

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Then this morning, I was just on autopilot and just signed onto this account with no problem...
You're a hot mess.

Also, in regards to the whole tier list thing... Remember how Pit was like top/high tier for the longest time based on "potential" alone?

I hate this community sometimes.

:093:

You're a hot mess.

Also, in regards to the whole tier list thing... Remember how Pit was like top/high tier for the longest time based on "potential" alone?

I hate this community sometimes.

:093:
Hey, Cam, I remember watching a few of your games in Brawl. How're the Steak boards this time of year?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Top Bottom