• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Link being female in Zelda WiiU?!

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
Gamexplain has some points in this... (I'm pretty sure, maybe someone else though...)
So, what are your opinons, My "Smash Brothers?"

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Yeah, you should never present your thread as if you were willingly lazy so you wouldn't post the URL in a video attachment. I guess there's a new discussion I didn't listen to yet.

Just going off on the title, I support having the option to choose Link's gender. There's nothing immediately violating to who we've known Link's character to be that would be tarnished by making him female. Sometimes character can adapt to changing times.

Also, who doesn't want Femlink to be an alt costume in the next Smash a la Robin?

Last edited:

DarkDragonVG

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarkDragonVG
3DS FC
4656-7392-8074
There was concept art of "Linkle" I found a while back, and I did notice the longer hair on link.
maybe they decided to put it in action.

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
Yeah, Well, I support Captain Hotcakes' statement... But why would they put Femlink in the trailer? Just another question to ask Iwata up there... (or... down there?!)
So... 'bout the trailer... It seem that we get barely ANY evidence about ANYTHING. So, Maybe we'll be to see more later.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Personally I feel that making Link female is just lazy and I'd prefer Zelda in the starring role or another original female character.

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
Yeah... I mean, It IS called Legend of ZELDA... But Link has no emotion, So you can fill in those spots with your own emotion.

Atrabilious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Atrabilious
I'd be completely fine with a female Link so if this turns out to be the truth, then it gets a thumbs up from me.

We've already played as about 11 or so different Links I believe throughout the series, they're all either descendants of one another or just people who happened to fit the criteria of being courageous and were willing to shank a few bad guys when things were going badly for the local hegemony. Apart from direct sequels (OOT > MM for example) it's not as if it's the same person in every game.

Bring on the fem Link. And hopefully don't call her Linkle. Link will do.

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
Linkle... OH SWEET JESUS CHRIST NO. k nintendo?
But, having Zelda as a diffrent character, other than femlink, after you beat the game as normal Link. Like a second adventure. Link was lured to Ganonderp by Ganonderp going like "omg i stol proonses zoldo!!!!!!!11111" Then Link gets captured, then Zelda has to save Link AND the world because Link couldn't do it himself. Lazy Ba$**rd.

Yeah, you should never present your thread as if you were willingly lazy so you wouldn't post the URL in a video attachment. I guess there's a new discussion I didn't listen to yet.

Just going off on the title, I support having the option to choose Link's gender. There's nothing immediately violating to who we've known Link's character to be that would be tarnished by making him female. Sometimes character can adapt to changing times.

Also, who doesn't want Femlink to be an alt costume in the next Smash a la Robin?
Updated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Thanks for updating to OP with relevant information! I've seen both videos a while back, but they infer what's been speculated instead of full-on discussing what they think about Link being female. I guess that's a topic for them to tackle another day.

Anyway, I don't see why there would be a need to feminize Link's name for a possible female option. The name Link has asexual context, in that it refers to the Hero of Time being the 'link' to one part of the triad for the Triforce's perpetual prophecy. If anything, Linkle could just refer exclusively to "Hyrule Warriors Concept Female Link" and would characterize a separate entity.

D

Deleted member

Would be better of just making Zelda a warrior in this instead of turning Link into a woman.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed somewhere that Link is indeed male for Zelda Wii U...a ponytail a female does not make...

For the record I wouldn't be against a female Link, though I would prefer Zelda (y'know titular character) gets the spotlight one of these days...

Last edited:
Top Bottom