• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link and Y link teamed in doubles tourney

LinkMaster08

Smash Rookie
Well this sunday and Feb 17th im going to doubles tourneys me and my friend are Going and he uses Y link (with unstoppable skill) and i use link. we both have mastered these charaters and wouldnt choose any other chacter for the world.

so i need you guys help on some team combo's or rescue strats we could use with each other since most likely team attack will be on.

any adviice at all that could help us win make as long as you want.

thanks

~F.E.A.R

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I first will start with the general advice: watch the entire match, not just yourself and/or just your opponent you're standing next to. If you see your partner getting wrecked, rush over and help him out. Likewise, if you see he's grabbed someone, smack them with a nice hard hit.

For saving tactics, it's pretty easy. You have so many projectiles at your disposal. If your partner is close and way below the edge and you don't have a bomb andy already, I suggest you jump off and clip them with a weak hit of the UpB so they can UpB again (make sure you don't edgehog each other!). For a really mean edgeguarding tactic, Y Link edgehogging while Link spin spikes is virtually unrecoverable.

For main strategy, try to be very careful with projectiles. Boomerangs can come back and smack your ally accidentally. Bombs explode everywhere. Arrows take time to pull out and you could get hit before or after you release it (however they have the most control ironically). If you are going to use projectiles, try to make sure you and your partner are far enough away from each other.

Hope this helps.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I destroyed the last link/ylink team I played, and it was at fd. sheik ganon for the win.

but I suggest you for a strategy unlink the team I played. good luck

edit - that last sentence was the worst thing ever. *goes kills self

LinkMaster08

Smash Rookie
i see but you havnt played us and we are gods with y link and link but just havnt had experince at doubles with team attack on

Chip.

you know what to do
My brother and I both use Young Link and Link(bro:Link-me:YoungLink) and we have trained eachother with these two charachters since SSBM first came out. Therefore, we know the moveset, thinking style, projectile use, and strategies with the other person. When my brother and I play, we're unstoppable. Young Link and link are actually one of the worse team combinations(double spamming... doesn't work out) but we 'sub-consiousialy' know when and where our partner is going to spam, rush in for an attack, or starts a combo on an enemy because of all the training we had with eachother. Hence, the projectile overdose doesn't cause us to hither in the match...

Trust me on this one, the better you know how ur Link friend fights the better you two will do :).

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
lolz

Can't tell if that's sarcasm. >_>

But, I'm humble (when it comes to my skill). I'm not going to brag, say I'm great, and make stuff up. I'm only an average player, with above average knowledge of the game.

But, when people post comments like that...ROFL!!

Jordan64

Smash Rookie
hey linkmaster, feb17 is the smash bros tourney 4 at gamezilla in saint john. is that the one you're going to? if so i hope to see you there. me and my friend also have a ylink link team, but not that much experience in team battles.
But ya, in way of strategy. try not to hit eachother with projectiles, help each other out. thats as much as i can say

Top Bottom