• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Limit Blade Beam Glitch?

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice

I don`t know if this has been talked about before but.... I came across this while playing for glory. it apears that the blade beam hits mewtwo, just as he finishes his charge resulting in mewtwo tripping istead of getting launched. I have no idea of why this happens, but it does leave some quetions. Can other characters do this? Is there other ways to do this? Is this smash DI dependant? I would go and test this a bit but, i don`t actualy have Mewtwo. (Yeah i know) Again this might be old news, but it is new to me.

Buckstrom

Futile. Futile! FUTILE!
NNID
Buckstrom
3DS FC
1650-4551-1475
I've seen this happen once in a YouTube video but I'm not quite sure which one. I don't think it's Mewtwo nor weight specific.

Imagine if they gave Limit Charge the Sakurai angle which would affect LB Blade Beam. That would be pretty bad.

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice
Clould it be smash DI dependant then? It might only works on characters with big hurt boxes, like mewtwo.

-XTIAN-

Smash Rookie
NNID
x-XTIAN-x
this also happend to me multiple times against a mewtwo a week ago or so - not sure what caused it, but maybe SDIing down and/or touching the ground during the hit before the last hit could be the reason - the hit before the final hit seems to have some % tripping chance while grounded, probably like all the other tripping % moves

well lets see if its an intended effect or if its going to be patched out during the next update - but for now we should expect that our opponent has the chance to trip after the LB Blade Beam, so lets try to convert out of it whats possible lol

Last edited:

~Daniee

Smash Rookie
NNID
YarsNinjaLink
3DS FC
2252-6622-6339
The Mewtwo looked like he was DI-ing towards the stage. I think this because they rolled towards you out of the trip, and then rolled away, as if if their first roll wasn't intentional. I don't think a Mewtwo main on For Glory could manage to SDI down, and then DI foward the for the last hit. If I could do that, I'd SDI to the stage not down.

EDIT!: KuroganeHammer lists LB Neutral B as having the Sakurai angle

Last edited:

DotDotSmash!

Smash Rookie
Late to the party. Just trying to put as much of the information together as possible.

-Dot

Top Bottom