• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leveling System

YesIplayasJiggz

Smash Rookie
No one else has posted this, so I will. My #1 addition (besides characters) would be an online leveling system which could also go to a certain level and also comes with more interactive online, customization of profile and the ability to choose your default character/pallet, which I think would incorporate great with the new achievement system Nintendo has in store for the WiiU with online achievements. Thoughts?

StreetPassWanter

Smash Apprentice
This is interesting. I think Sakurai IS looking into this, since he did say there will be a system where you can make your character stronger. Don't know if this also applies to online. Another idea could be the higher you rank, the more harder your opponents will be. (For example, if you 2000 points, you'll fight a guy with 2010 points, 1995 points, and 2020, etc) So if you suck, you'll get n00b opponents. I know this can be easily cheated, but better than random players.

Source: http://ssb4news.blogspot.com/2012/08/previously-on-super-smash-bros-4.html (5th bullet)

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I think the 3DS "solo-player" stuff Sakurai has been mentioning will incorporate some sort of leveling system. I can only hope it isn't insanely hard to max out, so people can get on an even competitive level quickly.

YesIplayasJiggz

Smash Rookie
This is interesting. I think Sakurai IS looking into this, since he did say there will be a system where you can make your character stronger. Don't know if this also applies to online. Another idea could be the higher you rank, the more harder your opponents will be. (For example, if you 2000 points, you'll fight a guy with 2010 points, 1995 points, and 2020, etc) So if you suck, you'll get n00b opponents. I know this can be easily cheated, but better than random players.

Source: http://ssb4news.blogspot.com/2012/08/previously-on-super-smash-bros-4.html (5th bullet)

Thanks for the link, I always just thought it was never going to happen.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
I was expecting something like the KIU's Modifiers and Value system. In Smash Bros, could have a similar system based on cards (or trophies) for equipping in your char. You could earn these power-ups by clearing some modes in higher difficulties.

Or else, allow the Sticker Power Ups from previous game for use in Multipkayer modes.

Top Bottom