• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

level 9 marth

Yoshi1000

Smash Rookie
I can't beat Marth. I've tried my tactic using short hops and air attack but can't get close to him and I've tried using ground attack but keeps using dancing blade and counter and shield breaker, and i know it's just a level 9 but I'm trying to beat all the level 9 characters. Marth is one of the few I can't beat very good. just wondering if there are any good strategies against Marth.

D

Deleted member

=/

Well if its level 9, its not marth its your general game, so play good people, learn from them, but for marth, GO TO THE MATCHUP THREAD! Thats what its there for! Go ask anti marth stratigies there.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
well almost anybody can beat any lvl 9 cpu so Idk what to tell you. I guess play humans more or attend some tournaments then you will learn a lot.

Chaco

Never Logs In
well almost anybody can beat any lvl 9 cpu so Idk what to tell you. I guess play humans more or attend some tournaments then you will learn a lot.
Dude, I've watched you in here lately you seem to be very quick to insult. Maybe he's just learning. So tone it down. Thanks.

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
level 9's are basicly ***** anyway. they have inhuman reflexes and marth and ike both automaticly counter when you use fair, which kinda pisses me of since i use fair alot.

but one thing you could do to get a free shot on marth/ike is aproach with a fair but not hit him, he'll most likely counter and open himself up for a followup tilt, or pivot grab, or nair.
and bair works for approaches and stuff, and spam him with your eggs, nothing wrong with spamming a comp.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
bair him until hes off the edge then flutter spike him, yoshi three stocks cpu's any level and you only need like 3-4 moves and be aggresive...

Davexen

Smash Rookie
Personally, since Marth has a longer reach than Yoshi has, I would try to keep your distance and use the up+b egg throw when he's in the air. Likewise, I would use Yoshi's forward+b egg roll attack, anything to keep your distance from Marth since he'll always have the upper hand in a hand to hand fight. And I would try to avoid aerial combat as much as possible, try to stick to a ground fight.

This is assuming you're using Yoshi, at least.
I hope this helps, if only a little.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Dude, I've watched you in here lately you seem to be very quick to insult. Maybe he's just learning. So tone it down. Thanks.
That wasn't meant to be an insult sorry if it looked like one.

sorry Yoshi1000 just keep trying and don't give up

Yoshi1000

Smash Rookie
Will I've changed tactics from tap jump on to off. It's greatly improved my recovery but has greatly decreased my air combat effectiveness and I have not played Yoshi in a long time. I quit playing him since Melee and played Marth instead but now I play with him again and my skill has gotten rusty just trying to improve again.

Yoshi1000

Smash Rookie
thanks for all the help. I'm going trying all the tactics and maybe these will break through.

Top Bottom