• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lets try Peach once more time.....

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
With me giving up pro and such, its hurting too many people, even my own Girlfriend. Yes this game is about fun, thus the reasons games are made. But it hurts when you try so hard but get know where. It happens with my Art and other stuff I work hard at, Im sure you guys know the feeling or some of you. And with depression it makes the matter worst than it needs to be. So Im gonna give this another shot. And stop worrying, making people mad. I set a promise to go pro to the one I care about and I will keep it, or else what kind of person I be.............a weak one.........

So here are some recent videos of me (yes with my crew, sorry......) Now I want you all to point out whats good, and whats bad, I have matches that I won and lost. So better advice can be giving of both standards. Be as forward as you can, and the advice I get, I'll work on it day and night, till I get it right. like my close friend said "to get it right, you have to get it wrong first" And dont worry on how cruel you come out, Im use to with like Doh comments for example, so Im not gonna get mad. You dont need to main Peach for helping me here. Just give advice on what to do and not do. And I'll make sure for a fact I'll work on it non stop till the advice I got from you all has been done

P.S. Thanks to those people that had my back in the other thread, I guess I have more people beleiving in what I can do then once against me. So thank you all.

Matches I won:

Dark Vs Samus Dark Vs Samus 3

Dark Vs Samus 2
Dark Vs Samus 4

Dark Vs Mario

Dark Vs Mario 2

Dark Vs Mario 3

Dark Vs Mario 4

Matches I lost: A few months old but I still kinda play the same and have the same trouble as I did in the vids

Dark Vs Marth

Dark Vs Marth 2

Dark Vs Marth 3

Dark Vs Marth 4

Dark Vs Y.link

Dark Vs Link

Dark Vs Roy

Dark Vs Roy 2

Dark Vs roy 3

I know there is a lot of vids here and I understand if you dont even wanna bother looking at them all and helping me, but for those that took thier time to look and help me out. thank you all in advance.

Me14k

Smash Lord
You definitly need to DI better.

On marth/roy's fsmash you can smash DI down to tech. By doing this you wont die at low percent.

use less umbrella on floaty characters..you should only abuse it this much against space animals (even so you use it a bit much). Replace so much umbrella with uair. Save the umbrella for after you exhausted all your jumps in the air.

Your friends rarely Di your dwn throw correctly.. in tourny games remember that they are not going to be right above you after the throw, so an usmash/ nair/ ftilt is not going to connect 100% of the time...probably only 20-40% of the time.

Most of your game seems to be 'meta' based, or you depend too much on habits that your friends have...its hard to eliminate this part...just try not to predict your friends moves by what they often do...this will hurt your play against your friends, but help your tourny play.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I cant smash DI Everyone telss me how to do it, but when I try, nothing happens, I try to do it so many times but always fail, so im pretty screw for this part

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
OK, you're getting there. But I think you need more mindgames.

On a more serious note, I think a big problem you have is setting ridiculous goals for yourself, and then getting pissed at yourself because you aren't making them. You need to be confident in your own abilities now, and want to get better, but not beat yourself over not getting super amazing in a short amount of time.

As for real advice, be careful when doing things like Peach's b moves. If you do them at unexpected times, it'll be a good thing. But if your opponent expects them, that's when you can expect to get owned. Likewise, when playing vs. characters such as Roy, the last thing you'd want to do is run into his fully charged sword, or start throwing out attacks as fast as you can without watching to see if he counters. You don't want to hesitate too much though, but you do get countered and run into **** way too often.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have no clue why you made your text covered in black............

and as you can see Im not a smart player, I try to think and watch my opponents in matches but it fails for me. You need brains to use Peach at high level play for her weakness can be abused easy. and its something I dont have

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Man, you're preaching to the choir here. ****in` right I believe in you, and I've even got some of the same problems as you. Sometimes it's like, no matter how hard you try, it feels like you're getting nowhere. And yeah, it's like that for me too in this game, and it's like that with my lyrics too. If something is worth doing, then theres ussually two qualities to it:
1) You love doing it
2) It's not easy

Anyways man, I'd rate your peach in these vids, but its 5 am, I just got back from work, and I'm tired. Don't beat yaself up just because some ***** comes along with condescending talk. Not everyone here are good folks, but I know most of us are, and we're here to have some fun.

Also, one more thing... I'm alittle worried about this girlfriend thing, man. If she really loves you, it shouldn't matter to her whether or not you go pro, she should still be by your side, even if you end up with a real reason to stop. Maybe I'm just thinking outloud, and I don't understand the full extent of the dynamics between you and her, but I'm always thinking, so I tend to make more food for thought than my brain can chew sometimes.
I have no clue why you made your text covered in black............

and as you can see Im not a smart player, I try to think and watch my opponents in matches but it fails for me. You need brains to use Peach at high level play for her weakness can be abused easy. and its something I dont have
Alright, regarding that last statement, I have found some interesting things... when I think too hard, it hurts my play, but I need to think in order to get my enemies into situations that compromise them. However, I play faster, and combo better when I turn my brain off and just play from instinct. I'm trying to figure out some sort of way to switch between the two at will.

Prac352

Smash Lord
I cant smash DI Everyone telss me how to do it, but when I try, nothing happens, I try to do it so many times but always fail, so im pretty screw for this part
Okay, at the risk of sounding like a ****, you need to stop throwing yourself these little pity parties.

You talk about how you'd like to get a lot better and then post garbage like what I just quoted you saying. So either step up your game and quit letting yourself be "screwed for this part" or go ahead and accept that you won't be progressing in this game.

I hope you don't quit aspiring to be better. I hope you get really good. I also hope you stop posting for critique only to say " . . .and as you can see Im not a smart player, I try to think and watch my opponents in matches but it fails for me. You need brains to use Peach at high level play for her weakness can be abused easy. and its something I dont have"

Good luck. Do NOT give up.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Okay, at the risk of sounding like a ****, you need to stop throwing yourself these little pity parties.

You talk about how you'd like to get a lot better and then post garbage like what I just quoted you saying. So either step up your game and quit letting yourself be "screwed for this part" or go ahead and accept that you won't be progressing in this game.

I hope you don't quit aspiring to be better. I hope you get really good. I also hope you stop posting for critique only to say that you suck and there are some things you just can't do.

Good luck.
well I post my vids to get advice on what Im doing wrong and how to tell with it. so far I got nothing. If I could c\get some advice I'd work on it......the right way this time

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I don't ever play peach, i just saw the thread title as i was looking through the character specific forum, and the incorrect grammer made me stop by just to comment on that alone. You should fix it.

Prac352

Smash Lord
well I post my vids to get advice on what Im doing wrong and how to tell with it. so far I got nothing. If I could c\get some advice I'd work on it......the right way this time
Posting vids and seeking advice is admirable. Saying there are things you "can't do" is not. There's a difference between wanting to get better and trying to get better.

Let me tell you something that forward told me at Pund 2 after I told him that I wasn't playing well. He said to me, and I quote, "Man, that sucks. But y'know, sometimes you just gotta make yourself play better. You have to quit making excuses like 'I can't shffl well, it's too hard, my fingers hurt, or I just ate,' and you have to step up your game. Don't settle for a loss."

I agree with this whole heartedly. I'm glad he told me this. I've gotten a lot better since hearing this. It's about having the drive to be good. How far are you willing to push yourself? Sure, you're practicing, but are you practicing right? Do you learn from your mistakes? If you're still playing pretty much the same as you were a month ago and you're not happy with that, the answer is probably no.

Stop wanting to be better and start getting better.

EDIT: I also see that you don't play any other characters besides peach. PC gave advice to somebody a while back saying that even just playing around with multiple characters makes you better because then you know more about their limitations and weaknesses as well as their strengths.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Posting vids and seeking advice is admirable. Saying there are things you "can't do" is not. There's a difference between wanting to get better and trying to get better.

Let me tell you something that forward told me at Pund 2 after I told him that I wasn't playing well. He said to me, and I quote, "Man, that sucks. But y'know, sometimes you just gotta make yourself play better. You have to quit making excuses like 'I can't shffl well, it's too hard, my fingers hurt, or I just ate,' and you have to step up your game. Don't settle for a loss."

I agree with this whole heartedly. I'm glad he told me this. I've gotten a lot better since hearing this. It's about having the drive to be good. How far are you willing to push yourself? Sure, you're practicing, but are you practicing right? Do you learn from your mistakes? If you're still playing pretty much the same as you were a month ago and you're not happy with that, the answer is probably no.

Stop wanting to be better and start getting better.

EDIT: I also see that you don't play any other characters besides peach. PC gave advice to somebody a while back saying that even just playing around with multiple characters makes you better because then you know more about their limitations and weaknesses as well as their strengths.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=108375&page=2

I realized all that you said before you posted sir.

Also I play Zelda at times but not that much. And not to long ago I started to play with Mario IO have videos of my Zelda and Mario on youtube

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I'm sorry but how is you not progressing as fast as you would like with Peach in Smash affecting your girlfriend?
Look, Brawl will be out soon, Melee is of course great but fading... just play the game. Try and get better. DON'T OVERANALYZE IT. When you lose games just say "OH WELL I lost at this video game, no johns." It's not worth letting it affect you personally.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
You definitely have what it takes, but what it looks like when I watched some of the marth vids, was that you were over complicating things for yourself. Alot of your dash attacks were sheild grabbed, so maybe they should be used either mroe sparingly, or not when the marth is standing neutral, and more when he techs or in the lag of a move. The thing about the parasol, is that while it has good priority and all, it should be used sparingly, and the only time I ever really use it would be against space animals, or falcon. For instance, say you have a fox on a platform above you on dreamland 64. You can fastfall the parasol right after the full startup animation is complete, and because fox is a fastfaller, he won't get knocked away, but will take multiple hits, only to land on the same platform. This allows you to use the parasol offensively, as well as eliminate some of the weaknesses the parasol has. It also seemed like there were some points in the first match where it was clear the marth was going to be able to get back on, but since you tried to edgehog him anyways, he ended up getting some cheap shots on you out of your roll back onto the stage.

I admire what you're doing here. Don't get down on yourself, and play loose. If you're thinking the whole time, your instincts are inhibited by your thoughts.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Also I play Zelda at times but not that much. And not to long ago I started to play with Mario IO have videos of my Zelda and Mario on youtube
Playing Zelda won't help much btw... because she's basically a crappier version of Peach.

Playing Mario is good... but I would suggest you to try playing as Falcon.

Playing as him will improve your tech skills, your reflexes and will teach you to be more careful with your character.

Sumtimes when sum1 start out with Peach, he's not that careful and he can do mistakes like wasting dbl jumps and such because she has such a great recovery...

Prac352

Smash Lord
Playing Zelda won't help much btw... because she's basically a crappier version of Peach.

Playing Mario is good... but I would suggest you to try playing as Falcon.

Playing as him will improve your tech skills, your reflexes and will teach you to be more careful with your character.

Sumtimes when sum1 start out with Peach, he's not that careful and he can do mistakes like wasting dbl jumps and such because she has such a great recovery...
Quoted for dayum skippy!

Top Bottom