• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about the wall cling

DiscoZ

Smash Rookie
Title.

Do we have uses for this? I feel as if I never see Sheik mains use it in an actual fight and I'm thinking applications could be underdeveloped. I've been messing about with in in training mode and want to see what I reliably do from wall cling. If any have input, well, say it. I want to know if this is can be a viable tool under our belt.

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
I often use it as a mix up while recovering/edge guarding on certain stages. (GHZ, Wario Ware, Yoshi's) It's a little riskier to do that on other stages.
Instead of instantly wall jumping you could just wall cling for a sec then jump into Vanish/another option

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Vs a character like Snake it'd be cool to wall cling to better position your edgeguard. Ike too possibly? On GHZ and the like you can drop from ledge into wall cling pretty quickly.

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
I have used it to cover some recoveries with an easy nair in a different way from dropzone nair.

The best use I have found for it is to mix up my recovery timing/positioning with it. I can walljump out of wallcling and bair people off the ledge before upB ing to the ledge.

RedEyesWhiteSwaggin

Smash Apprentice
It's pretty useful for edgeguarding but most of the time I do it on accident. I really wish the input was unique like what they did with footstool.

If you drop down from the ledge/stage and wall cling, you can jump from the wall and still have your double jump so you have a lot of options. You can go really deep against characters and make it so they can't hit you with their up b and then come up and hit them out of it with rising fair/nair.

You can use it for better angles on needles for characters with huge recoveries like GW/Snake/DDD. You can use it against ike by clinging pretty high then punishing him for going on stage/ledge while still being close so you can hit him out of wall jump if he goes low. Etc.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
I've also been using this while recovering: so long as Sheik can make it to the wall of like GHZ, Yoshi's, or the like, you can sit there and wait for invincibility to run out and then wall jump back air into your recovery, or just straight recover. It's really cool and super useful.

Top Bottom