• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about FoD

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
FoD is the biggest love-hate stage for me. Mostly because of it's small space, but also the low-standing platforms which **** up my tech.

dropping from the low-standing stages into a fast bair/uair is a nice surprise attack, but when I'm getting chased off the stage, my options seem more limited especially with knockback involved.

Do you guys have general strats or techniques with ganon on FoD?

Simmonick

Smash Cadet
I'm right there with you on FoD for Ganon. Sometimes it works other times things just get all wonky and I feel very limited as to my movement when the platforms get too low.

But with all that being said the reason that I consistently pick the stage is to beat up on floaties. Since a puff or a peach will usually ban Yoshi's on game 2 I like to take them to FoD for quick kills. Key is to keep them off the stage and create a wall of Bairs. The platforms can provide interesting traps and/or set ups for big Dair usage. Hope this helps

Last edited:

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
Yeah It's got it's pros and cons for sure. The sneaky platform-dropped Bairs/Uairs as well as the Dair setups can be helpful.

Interesting choice. Against floaties, I want to avoid Dreamland, FD, and FoD in general. As much as I'd like to ban all 3, it is nearly impossible to, and I just have to improve myself on these stages (especially FD).

If floaties ban Yoshi's on game 2, I always pick Battlefield if I can. I just like the setup of the stage with my moveset and range.

Simmonick

Smash Cadet
Yeah FoD is just a jank stage sometimes and some people dont feel comfortable there so I like to try and mix em up. Just last tournament I lost game 1 to a puff, took them to FoD and 3 stocked him and went on to win the set. In game 1 see what kind of player your opponent is and if you think FoD could be effective definitely try to see what you can get out of it.

But in regard to Final Destination, I wouldn't worry too much about that stage man, its so hard for ganon lol. The best thing you can do there tech chase your enemies to death, so if you are consistent with your reads its EZ money as bizzaro flame would say. Although to be honest its almost unwinnable in my experience if your playing a top tier who knows the match up. Ganon is pretty slow without his platform stuff.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Fod low platforms often limit your fair techchase, but dair reaches, and leads to insane follow ups. You just have to stay away from certain techchasing at certain times and it's ok.

Top Bottom