• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lets take fox straight to the top

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
So yeah this thread is basically to discuss your general strat when facing opponents and your opinion on fox in this game. I personally think hes top tier if you play right. He has good pressure option nair and dair seem esafe on shield as a cross up, dthrow puts opponents in a really bad position or you can eat a fair to uair if you DI wrong, great kill options, has ways to combo into kill options which is a big deal cause most character don't, lasers can refresh moves pretty quick, 3rd fastest in the game. So yeah i think fox has alot going for him. My general strat, is to cross opponents up w nair and dair see how they react then try and read a roll or spot dodge, when i get a grab dthow and run up and let pick an option if they jump -Uair, if they airdodge- wait for lag and either uptilt combo or regrab depending on percent and weight, if they throw out an attack- sheild and regrab. laser when ever possible to refresh moves. and to finish them I like to pivot ftilt to usmash or dthrow to uair. Let me know what your opinions or stats are for this character!

KAOSN00B

Smash Cadet
Ok so yesterday i went to my first tournament in 3 years and placed 7th out of 46 (i think its that many) i love this character he is amazing. Generally though i love is double jab into grab option. Even if they block the jabs my opponents rarely seem to be able to react to the grab after. Then of course follow up with the fair as you mentioned

Top Bottom