• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's look at the positives of pm being discontinued

mythbust4000

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OK the news that pm is discontinued is bad but there is good things
1.)we can have a meta-there was a meta but it was not deep as we could not set something in stone this way if we make a teir list or find a bug it is permanent

2.)we can find out the pm codes-before if you found the code it did not matter because you would restart the next patch but now we can find it (or pmdt tell us) without fear of it not working in a week

3.)Nintendo can get off PMs tail-nintendo has been attacking pm and they will make it were its not in majors but it won't be pressured into shuting down(as it is already not supported)

4.)a new project-mabey not as good as pm but may be better and the fact that pmdt members are free let's them do new things

I hoped this helped look light into some of you.
Do you have your own positives about pm being discontinued or dissagree ? Tell me!

SteveTrooper

Smash Rookie
I do agree with the first point saying that a meta can actually develop, The thing that made melee so special is having all those bugs, exploits, advanced techniques, etc. that you had to be aware of them, know how to do them, how to deal with them. etc. The second there was a glitch (game-breaking or not), it got patched out asap or in the next update. This isn't the worst thing in the world to be honest but, like you said, we can see every character's strengths, weaknesses, and can actually create a tier list for this game which has been such an impossible task up to this point.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Well, I'm in favor of point 2. Mods kept being unsupported after nearly every patch.

That BrawlEx doesn't work anymore, so new ways needs to take place. And might be easier now that we have a permanent standard. :V

zpxociv

Smash Apprentice
It's great that no more mods of PM are allowed so that now mods for PM can be made without fear of the next mod of PM making a mod for the mod not work.

Top Bottom