• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lethbridge Smash and CKXU Present: ROUND TWO!!

LeeWanderer

Smash Cadet
Lethbridge Smash and CKXU 88.3 FM are proud to present ROUND TWO, the U of L's second ever SSBM tournament! The first one, held in November, drew over 50 players, and now that we're including a singles division I know we'll have even more Smashers out!

Check out our website, located here, for additional info and locations of events occurring prior to the tournament. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here. See you on the 23rd!

WHEN: March 23rd, 2007, Doubles start at 4PM, Singles start at 6PM.
WHERE: University of Lethbridge, Students' Union Building, The Zoo.
PRIZES: Either a percentage of the entry fees or custom painted controllers, depending upon what seems to be more popular among those who sign up. As per last time, all those who pay in advance will get free pizza, courtesy of the Zoo.

Doubles Rules

- $10 entry fee per person ($20 per team)
- 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
- double elimination
- semifinals will be best of three
- final will be best of five
- no ties, no Sudden Death (matches will be re-played if necessary to determine a clear winner)
- all items OFF
- pausing OFF
- stages set on Random: Final Destination, Battlefield, Corneria, Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64 and Pokemon Stadium
- all other stages banned
- if both teams can agree on a specific stage it will be used, even if it's normally banned
- team attack set to OFF
- life stealing is allowed
- no stalling (wall bombing, rising Pound, etc)
- no modded controllers (custom paint jobs are allowed)

Singles Rules

- $10 entry fee
- 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
- double elimination
- semifinals will be best of three
- final will be best of five
- no ties, no Sudden Death (matches will be re-played if necessary to determine a clear winner)
- all items OFF
- pausing OFF
- stages set on Random: Final Destination, Battlefield, Corneria, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64 and Pokemon Stadium
- all other stages banned
- if both players can agree on a specific stage it will be used, even if it's normally banned
- no stalling (wall bombing, rising Pound, etc)
- no modded controllers (custom paint jobs are allowed)

LeeWanderer

Smash Cadet
I asked a few people who played in the first tournament, which was exclusivly a doubles event, if they prefered friendly fire on or off. They said off, so it's off.

In other news, a couple players from Calgary's Pro Impact Players have said that they're coming down, which I'm pretty excited about. Maybe one of them can dethrone the guy who keeps winning singles down here. :)

LeeWanderer

Smash Cadet
Almost forgot to mention this; a bunch of us Lethbridge Smashers have been meeting on Fridays to play. The last couple weeks there's been just over a dozen of us, so I'll probably put together a mini singles tournament this coming Friday. If anyone here is interested in joining us, just keep an eye on our website for the time and place. The link to the site is in my sig.

LeeWanderer

Smash Cadet
We're having another Smashup this Friday at 6:30PM in Galileo's Gallery, located on level one of the Students' Union Building. I'll be bringing snacks, as we won't have access to food this time. If there are as many people there again this week as there were last, we'll have a little singles tournament. Hope to see you there!

LeeWanderer

Smash Cadet
Well, I think we can call that one a sucess. The tournament was last night, and we had 56 Smashers come out to play for $300 in cash. We even had some of the Pro Impact Players from Calgary to come down, and their doubles team took first. Another surprise was the attendence of the chief organizer for LANsWARm, a 200 person LAN party which will be taking place in Lethbridge April 11-15. He brought ATI shirts, posters, stickers, pens and free passes to give away to winners of FFA matches.

I want to thank everyone who came out last night for making the event such a success. We raised $300 for CKXU, and I've asked their management to let us know what they buy with it. Keep an eye on our MySpace for updates on future events, and check out the LANsWARm website for more info on their PC and console rooms. Over the next few days I'll be moving the Lethbridge Smash community over to the LANsWARm forums entirely, so check it out!

Top Bottom