• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Less used Tink Techs

Ezlo

Smash Cadet
So, there's a few techs that rarely are used (from my knowledge) but might have more potential. I was just wondering if anyone actually used them somewhat regularly.

Boomerang Gliding -- This is the thing when you throw/catch a boomerang just as you run off a ledge and you travel farther than normal. The only reason I can think this would be helpful for would be edgeguarding, but you have to begin recovering almost immediately unless you're holding a bomb, and even then you can't do much. Are there any uses I'm not thinking of?

Invincibombing -- This one's really fun and I think it could be used more, but I don't see it that much. Am I just watching the wrong videos?

That Zair bomb launching thing that Aero likes -- Is it more practical to just throw the bomb? Either way it's pretty flashy and nice if you can pull it off in a short hop.

Falling Spin Attack -- there's another post on this one. I'm not sure if it has any other uses than edgeguarding, though. Also wouldn't it just be easier to nair or something?

Dair stall/Dair recovery stall -- I'm actually really surprised that I don't see this often. Maybe it got patched a long time ago and I didn't know it.

So yeah. These look like they could be useful but I don't really see them much. Any thoughts?

Jamble

Smash Apprentice
I think the zair bomb is partly just really flashy, I don't see too many applications that are all that different, but I will say that zairing it maybe helps spacing a bit, as you're also throwing out an aerial attack at the same time as launching the bomb?

Invincibombing is a really cool and potentially amazing trick up a TLink player's sleeve. I personally think it's one of the few tricks that isn't just painfully situational. As for the boomerang thing, I actually am not going to be able to play with it for awhile (I haven't really heard of it or had the chance to bust out my wii recently) but even if situational, I think movement options are part of what make a character great in this game. I'm going to have to play around with some of these and get back to you on what I think.

Top Bottom