• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leffen's Peach Inputs

FerWhat

Smash Rookie
Leffen had a video discussing new Peach ledge tech (http://youtu.be/xKcrpyUmEAY), however I was unable to decipher the inputs he used.

In the beginning of the video, he discusses a ledge option where you float for a single frame and then land. He claims this only has 1 frame of vulnerability.

What are the inputs to do this tech?

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
It looks like he's NIL'ing by starting the float at the low-float height, idk for sure tho.

EDIT: Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what it is. NIL = No impact landing. It's a special type of landing in which you don't enter the standard 4 frames of landing lag, due to your character entering an animation that causes the bottom of their collision diamond to clip into the stage/platform (so the game thinks you've already landed). When a character NIL's, they can perform any action on the next frame. Shield takes 1 frame to come up iirc, so that's why there's still 1 frame of vulnerability (I think lol).

He NIL's by using a low-float, or a float that is lower than a "standing" float. You know, when you just do an immediate float from standing/crouch? Since it's lower than the one started from standing position, the moment he releases the float, Peach's character model would technically go below the stage and...there you go. NIL.

Last edited:

FerWhat

Smash Rookie
It looks like he's NIL'ing by starting the float at the low-float height, idk for sure tho.

EDIT: Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what it is. NIL = No impact landing. It's a special type of landing in which you don't enter the standard 4 frames of landing lag, due to your character entering an animation that causes the bottom of their collision diamond to clip into the stage/platform (so the game thinks you've already landed). When a character NIL's, they can perform any action on the next frame. Shield takes 1 frame to come up iirc, so that's why there's still 1 frame of vulnerability (I think lol).

He NIL's by using a low-float, or a float that is lower than a "standing" float. You know, when you just do an immediate float from standing/crouch? Since it's lower than the one started from standing position, the moment he releases the float, Peach's character model would technically go below the stage and...there you go. NIL.

Thanks ECHOnce, that was really helpful. In terms of the inputs though I was wondering about what exactly he has to do. Here's what I mean:

1) Peach grabs ledge
2) Press away from the ledge with control stick so that peach let's go.
3) Press and hold x/y once to jump.
4) Maneuver control stick so that Peach winds up over stage.
5) Press down on the control stick to float.
6) Let go of x/y.
7) Let go of control stick to end float.
8) Shield (or do whatever)

Is that right? Is there a double jump involved somewhere?

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Yeah. For the options where he NIL'ed, iirc he mixed up between:
  • Let go of ledge, double jump, float, NIL
  • Let go of ledge, double jump, waveland off stage, float, NIL
  • Let go of ledge, double jump, waveland off stage, double jump into float, NIL

+bunch of other options he advised using as mixups that didn't involve float to NIL. Like just attacking normally with an FC option, or hax-dashing to reset the situation (regain float), etc.

ctrlaltdefeat

Smash Rookie

FYI hes not no impact landing out of this.. its just a normal float landing with the normal float landing lag (3 or 4 frames can't remember off the top of my head)
Also one of the other options that he goes over is hax dash --> double jump --> fc nair. ive had a lot of success with it. the inputs are:
1) tap away from ledge
2) jump and hold in towards the stage (let go of whatever button you used to jump)
3) wavedash back off the stage once your character model is above the stage
4) jump again (before you snap to ledge) and hold your jump button
5) tap down out of the double jump to float and then nair

FerWhat

Smash Rookie
FYI hes not no impact landing out of this.. its just a normal float landing with the normal float landing lag (3 or 4 frames can't remember off the top of my head)
Also one of the other options that he goes over is hax dash --> double jump --> fc nair. ive had a lot of success with it. the inputs are:
1) tap away from ledge
2) jump and hold in towards the stage (let go of whatever button you used to jump)
3) wavedash back off the stage once your character model is above the stage
4) jump again (before you snap to ledge) and hold your jump button
5) tap down out of the double jump to float and then nair
Thanks ctrlaltdefeat and ECHOnce! Would someone mind telling me the inputs to hax dash with peach? :)

ctrlaltdefeat

Smash Rookie
1) tap away from ledge as soon as possible.
2) jump as soon as possible and hold in towards stage on your control stick
3) once youre over the stage hit R while holding down and off the stage on your control stick
4) let go of your stick so that you will grab ledge

Take in mind that on battlefield you cant just hold in or youll bonk your head :(

N JA

Smash Rookie
1) tap away from ledge as soon as possible.
2) jump as soon as possible and hold in towards stage on your control stick
3) once youre over the stage hit R while holding down and off the stage on your control stick
4) let go of your stick so that you will grab ledge

Take in mind that on battlefield you cant just hold in or youll bonk your head :(
But bonking your head correctly allows you to regrab the ledge and stay intangible. :D

Top Bottom