• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledgehop Dair?

Wadal

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to learn how to ledgehop and then tipper dair however when I try I end up plummeting to my death, even if i spam up-b. Is it possible to do this?

Danieru

Smash Rookie
So, you fall to your demise from Fast falling right? I believe you have to, as soon as you leave the ledge, hold down and then perform the tipper. This way you won't fast fall if that's your issue.

Thor

Smash Champion
I dunno if this works (cuz you can certainly drop off the ledge, double jump onstage, but land a tipper dair on your way onstage), but if you want to stay offstage, I'd try this:

- Hit down to drop from the ledge - keep holding down
- Immediately double jump
- Immediately after the double jump, hit a - this will input a dair since you are still holding down
- Up+B when the dair ends.

I would test for you but I don't have PM on me right now. But if you don't want to land onstage and dair on your way onstage, this is your best bet.

Danieru

Smash Rookie
@ Thor Thor when I try that method, marth falls to far before being able to use his Up-B, but I may be doing it wrong.

Last edited:

Wadal

Smash Rookie
@ Thor Thor when I try thet method, marth falls to far before being able to use his Up-B, but I amy be doing it wrong.
Yeah, same thing happens to me. I guess Marth can only do the ledgehop dair if he lands onto the stage.

lain

Smash Master
You can do a ledgehop dair going ONTO the stage, or simply ledgehopping a dair in the air off the ledge and still make it back.

To do the first one,

1. Hit away or down (doesn't really matter, I do both for random reasons) to let go of the ledge
2. Immediately hit jump and towards the stage at the same time
3. Hit the c-stick or A-button input for dair (c-stick makes this easier IMO)
4. L-cancel. Success!

To do the dair where you jump off the ledge and dair off the stage in the air,

1. Hit away or down (doesn't really matter, I do both for random reasons) to let go of the ledge
2. Immediately hit jump and the input for dair at the same time (the only way you'll live)
3. Side-B once as soon as possible to gain the upwards momentum, and then UPB.

Wadal

Smash Rookie
You can do a ledgehop dair going ONTO the stage, or simply ledgehopping a dair in the air off the ledge and still make it back.

To do the first one,

2. Immediately hit jump and towards the stage at the same time
3. Hit the c-stick or A-button input for dair (c-stick makes this easier IMO)
4. L-cancel. Success!

To do the dair where you jump off the ledge and dair off the stage in the air,

2. Immediately hit jump and the input for dair at the same time (the only way you'll live)
3. Side-B once as soon as possible to gain the upwards momentum, and then UPB.
Hmm ok. I guess i wasn't inputting the dair fast enough

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Ledge hop tipper dair? If I know what you mean, while you're holding onto the ledge move your stick left or right depending on the side of the stage that way you don't fast fall when you let go then you do a jump and do a dair as fast as possible ( dair on frame 1 after jump if possible).

Last edited:

Boomhound

Smash Apprentice
I always had problems when I pressed down to leave ledge-
I recommend trying the away method as I never mess it up anymore.

Top Bottom