• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledgehop Bair

Cross.

Smash Ace
I don't know if this was known before or not but while fooling around the other day I found out that pit can ledgehop his bair. After doing some more testing I found out that not every character can do it but only characters with multiple jumps like pit.

To do it: while hanging from the edge, press away from the edge to fall off and then press towards the edge and attack. This will cause pit to use a second jump to turn around and bair but will look exactly the same as a ledgehop attack. This is more useful for pit(and D3) since his bair is actually really a good move.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
It has been known for quite a bit. It has to do with the multi jump characters being able to turn around in mid-air by using a jump.

Characters with wall jumps/clings are able to do something similar on some stages by dropping off the edge and using a wall jump to turn around.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Already found and I have been using this a bit to stab nearby opponents while Im ledgecamping.

Cross.

Smash Ace
I see. I wasnt sure if it was found or not because I searched the pit forums and didn't see it. Isn't ledge camping banned?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I dont do tournies and dont know, but i believe stalling is banned.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
Indeed. There is a difference between sitting on the ledge and attacking people and sitting on the ledge constantly re-grabbing it for invuln frames while you wait out the timer.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
ledge camping is only considered stalling when you do it to retain your percentage lead and run the timer out or try to avoid conflict altogether.

Top Bottom