• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge grab from stage options, a question.

BauxFalcon

Smash Apprentice
So as far as I know there are two ways to grab ledge from the stage.

1) Pivot so that your back is to the ledge and then WD off to grab ledge.
2) Moonwalk.

Now I can't do either of those, so I tried to combine them. I moonwalk almost to the ledge, then I WD off, and I can do it successfully every time. I've been trying it in the lab and I was wondering how viable of an option this is. Should I just stick to jumping offstage to grab ledge, or is this a decent method?

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
If you can pivot wavedash off stage why not do that every time? Are you just referring to turnaround?

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Oh. My b.
Both of those options sound fine then. Maybe mix it up. Turnaround wd is probably faster if you aren't moonwalking far enough to get to ledge.

Coyle

Smash Cadet
The 4 general ways that you can go from stage to ledge (from easiest to perform to hardest) are: backwards jump, wavedash, moonwalk, or pivot drop. A lot of the time you'll just do a variation of the first two, as they are generally the safest. Moonwalking to ledge is usually for swag, but you can mix it up with a surprise off-stage bair/uair. Speaking of surprises, sometimes I like to wavedash off the stage and do a sliding off bair/uair. It's risky depending on your opponent, but can be all it takes to keep them from getting back to ledge. Pivot drops are very hard and I don't see many people able to perform them at will, so don't worry too much about this option.

Top Bottom