• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Drop Triple Reverse Lasers -> Ledge

jodo

Smash Cadet
When hanging on a ledge, drop down then immediately I hit X (jump) + slight tilt of the analog stick in the opposite direction (yet either up or down) that you were hanging from (think slightly angled Up + B - almost directly up (or in this case can be down too) and then start firing away!
You can safely shoot 3 lasers in the opposite direction from the ledge!
If you only shoot 1 laser, then you will auto grab the ledge and you won't need to do Up + B to get back.

Sometimes you may either end up doing the Up + B move (more common) and sometimes you even end up walljumping off the ledge while shooting lasers which is cool too (can be either direction).

I don't know how useful this is but I guess it's good for stopping people with horizontal recovery (like Ike) and this will stun them and drop them to a level that is below the edge - preventing their recovery.

Go easy on me if this has already been discussed... I just learned today what DI is... I feel so stupid :dizzy:

/also I'm working on my Falco and if there's any other decent Falcos out there PM - I've been playing quite a lot recently and would like to go against some other good ones.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Interesting, but there's already been a development by a mr. "Scrubs" where you do a wall jump and then reverse your lasers so you actually fire three lasers while landing on the stage. Threads on the first page. Good job with this though.

jodo

Smash Cadet
Right, I saw that - but this does not involve the wall jump (so it's faster) and also acts as a ledge guard against the oncoming recovery. To me they are 2 different techniques that serve different purposes.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Right, I saw that - but this does not involve the wall jump (so it's faster) and also acts as a ledge guard against the oncoming recovery. To me they are 2 different techniques that serve different purposes.
On coming recovery might help... but having to save yourself with fire bird would suck against metaknight and whatnot.

Top Bottom