• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leave me the hell alone for like...10 seconds...

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Has anyone ever tried to do Snake's or Fox's/Falco's/Wolf's Smash Taunt during online play, but there's always this one guy who has no clue what you're doing and just goes up to you to smack you around? IMO, they're fun to do. They kinda spice up the battle. I've even managed to implement it as part of my strategy with Snake (secretly plant C4s, etc. with the codec call blocking their view). I hate how you can't redo a Smash Taunt when you're interrupted, too. You have to wait until the next match. Anyone else experience this?

Lizerus

Smash Rookie
Indeed, it is quite annoying, I've tried this with Wolf many times in online matches but I get hit, like, 70% of the time. But then again, I'm not exactly sure on how to do the special taunt properly, I have done it many times before but I'm not sure if I have to do clockwise taunts or just up and down taunts.

Either way, yeah, it is annoying.

bugmenot

Smash Cadet
You just said you use the codec call to plant mines and use it to your advantage.

How can you complain that someone is trying to stop you from doing THAT!? If I was in a match against you and you were spending 30 dancing, trying to give yourself an advantage, **** right I'd kick your little ***.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
You just said you use the codec call to plant mines and use it to your advantage.

How can you complain that someone is trying to stop you from doing THAT!? If I was in a match against you and you were spending 30 dancing, trying to give yourself an advantage, **** right I'd kick your little ***.
LOL, but THEY wouldn't know that. They think it's just for the fun.

Also, Lizerus, just tap the down taunt really lightly. There is a Dojo update for it here:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/technique/technique11.html

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
I rarely do it online, cause the stage is never the right one. But I was playing a 4 player Snake match with some friends. And 3 of us were trying to do the taunt. And one of my friends "didn't know" even though we were shouting, trying to do the special taunt. And voila, I get interrupted.

Top Bottom