• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Least Favorite Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Kirby is only cheap/easy/broken on low level play. People complaining about kirby needs to get better at the game. Pika wrecks kirby.

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
The difference is Kero finds winning fun while Saltsizzle finds something else, that I can't for the life of me figure out, fun.
I like to play the game to the best of my ability. If I lose playing well, I still have fun but if I win or lose playing poorly, then I do not have fun. Part of the reason I do not play with Kirby is that I feel like I have less of a clue if I am playing well or not so I do not use him much.

For all 12 characters, kirby is either the least fun character to fight against, or at least one of the 2 or 3 least fun matchups. Kirby just sucks the fun out of the game...
I agree with this. Kirby could be balanced better by making his moves just a tad slower and fixing his up tilt. Its my opinion that he is not as fun to play with or watch.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I have more trouble making comebacks against falcon than against kirby. when a kirby gets too excited about winning, you can just bait them into stupid stuff (like wait below them and then grab/edgeguard). when a falcon gets excited about winning, i just get wrecked harder. **** falcon honestly

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Why in the mother **** did this thread get way more play than the create your own character one? Mix and match movesets so fun!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
okay but lets take falcon, and give him a legit utilt like kirby's or pikachus. Fox's jab would be good too. Falcon punch is cool, but not as useful as a good projectile would be. Falcon with lasers or fireballs? Now Falcon can legitimately camp *******! Lots of other things you could do too!

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
okay but lets take falcon, and give him a legit utilt like kirby's or pikachus. Fox's jab would be good too. Falcon punch is cool, but not as useful as a good projectile would be. Falcon with lasers or fireballs? Now Falcon can legitimately camp *****es! Lots of other things you could do too!
I'd fill out my ideal character moveset but it nearly mirrors yours so I don't see the point. But it is a really fun idea.

Sangoku

Smash Master
It's more like Kirby isn't broken only at top level. Let's face it, not admitting he has more room for error is lying to yourself. But I don't see why that would necessarily be a bad thing. On the contrary, with that in mind more people should play Kirby in friendlies so we can learn the matchups and find ways to counter him.

caneut

Smash Ace
It's more like Kirby isn't broken only at top level. Let's face it, not admitting he has more room for error is lying to yourself. But I don't see why that would necessarily be a bad thing. On the contrary, with that in mind more people should play Kirby in friendlies so we can learn the matchups and find ways to counter him.
I think everyone understands that no character is unbeatable, and every matchup is learnable.

Any char vs kirby matchup is HARD to learn.

Matchup vs other characters are less hard to learn.

That's why Kirby is a handicap.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I'm agreeing with you, but I'm saying we shouldn't take it the negative way. It should be a reason to try to learn the matchups instead of avoiding them. And I was answering statements such as "Kirby is only cheap/easy/broken on low level play" by saying it's more like he's only not broken at top level (ie not the level of most people here).

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
How about DannySSB makes a ****ing remake of ssb64 with the PSA and GS codes so we can have ssb64 HD REMIX wut. NERF KIRBY LIKE THEY NERFED HIM IN MELEE.

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
on the contrary, i think Kirby is one of the easier match ups to learn at a high level of play

kirby is a beast and punishes super hard, but above all, the match up is simply "don't get u tilted or baired" imo

learning how to play against a good mario pika or fox is so much more difficult to me

caneut

Smash Ace
on the contrary, i think Kirby is one of the easier match ups to learn at a high level of play

kirby is a beast and punishes super hard, but above all, the match up is simply "don't get u tilted or baired" imo

learning how to play against a good mario pika or fox is so much more difficult to me
You just said it. "punishes super hard." One mistake and kirby can throw out the fastest fsmash, and one of the strongest, in the game. Combine that with a simple "pivot fsmash" and you pretty much learn the matchup for kirby vs any other char.

I'm agreeing with you, but I'm saying we shouldn't take it the negative way. It should be a reason to try to learn the matchups instead of avoiding them. And I was answering statements such as "Kirby is only cheap/easy/broken on low level play" by saying it's more like he's only not broken at top level (ie not the level of most people here).
It's not in a negative way, I simply put, learning the matchup against kirby is harder than any other matchup, and therefore an advantage.

This isn't an argument of whether or not to learn the matchup or avoid it, because I said before...

I'd also like to end this so let me say this. If I was given a chance to play you I would because I'd much rather be playing smash than not. Yet if we were playing friendlies, and we both chose our mains, I would probably have to try really hard to even make it a fair match, with you being much better than me. So much effort is tiring and I stop playing smash faster than I would playing friendlies, not using so much effort, and exploring new options to learn the game a little bit more. This brings us back to "I would much rather be playing smash than not."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom