• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learning Wario at a Mid-Skill Level

supascoot

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SupaScoot
So, one thing I've seen a lot of is low level Wario advise, however there isn't really much for learning how to play Wario at a Mid-Skill level. One issue some people have told me with Wario is that he has "Shiek Syndrome". Which is pretty much their way of saying that he is easy to play and win in a lower skill level, but in order to step up you really have to put in a lot of effort.

I've gotten down all the basics, bite, bread and butter combos, a few follow ups, but I'm not really sure where to go from here. I'm trying to get consistent with DACUS and I'm trying to learn more advanced follow ups and ways to extend combos, however I'm sure I'm missing some things that I should be working on which should be obvious.

What do you do to be successful as Wario at a higher skill level?

SlimStealthy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3754-6831-7372
never get shield grabbed, nairs oos to punish, dair->uair->fart as an optimal kill combo, bite to catch people in shield after a uthrow onto a platform or when youre falling to the ground (mixup with falling aerial), tech chase meaty side B, offstage side B edgeguards... thats just off the top of my head

Mookiefish

Smash Cadet
Learn to incorporate footstooling in your combo game. Watch some of Strong Bad's videos from EXP 15 for some good footstooling examples.

Top Bottom