• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learning more Falco

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
With this you've answered most of your thoughts, you need more practice for not to screw up when you're playing in a serious(or important) match and basicly play more people to loose that nervousness you're having, I've passed for the same situation and most of us too, what you need is more expirience.

How to escape a combo? check out the guide on how to DI, because DI is the only thing you'll need to do that.

Useful tip: also when a Marth is CG'ing you, you can DI up(at around 20-30% I don't remember) and shine him in the face and start your own combo from there.
I've been practicing some more and I'm getting more comfortable with everything. Each day I practice, I seem to improve even faster than before. I still have some wavedashing problems, more than anything else. I basically have problems doing successive wavedashes, especially fast ones. I really don't know how fast you can do successive wavedashes with falco, but I can waveshine just as well as a regular wavedash.

Someone also mentioned that I should work on my ledge game. I've practiced and can finally ledgehop a bair and land on the stage...the best I could do before was to grab the ledge again. I can ledge hop two lasers or ledge hop into a dair.

Also, after getting myself torn apart the other day, I've been able to pay better attention to videos. May seem silly, but before that day, there were things I just didn't look for or see.

The only thing that I think remains for me to learn now is comboing players and escaping combos with proper DI. I just need to play people who know what they're doing and won't get bored beating someone over and over lol

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I've been practicing some more and I'm getting more comfortable with everything. Each day I practice, I seem to improve even faster than before. I still have some wavedashing problems, more than anything else. I basically have problems doing successive wavedashes, especially fast ones. I really don't know how fast you can do successive wavedashes with falco, but I can waveshine just as well as a regular wavedash.

Someone also mentioned that I should work on my ledge game. I've practiced and can finally ledgehop a bair and land on the stage...the best I could do before was to grab the ledge again. I can ledge hop two lasers or ledge hop into a dair.

Also, after getting myself torn apart the other day, I've been able to pay better attention to videos. May seem silly, but before that day, there were things I just didn't look for or see.

The only thing that I think remains for me to learn now is comboing players and escaping combos with proper DI. I just need to play people who know what they're doing and won't get bored beating someone over and over lol

Wavedashing with falco takes sometime, even if you get the timing you sometimes lose it... Just feel the rhythm in your mind

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I just don't practicing for too long at once because it can get frustrating. But it's getting better.

I do have a quick question. How do you go about shining out of a shield? Is it just jumpcancelling the shield into a shine? And is shinecancelling just jumping out of the shield? Just wanted to make sure I had those two terms down correctly.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Yeah, I just don't practicing for too long at once because it can get frustrating. But it's getting better.

I do have a quick question. How do you go about shining out of a shield? Is it just jumpcancelling the shield into a shine? And is shinecancelling just jumping out of the shield? Just wanted to make sure I had those two terms down correctly.
Just jump cancel the shield into a shine very fast... It can be very useful cause is the fastest thing you can do out of a shield but only if you don't leave the ground when you perform it because if you don't you can wavedash after or start a combo, etc.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Would it be more useful to shine out of shield instead of shield grabbing, even if you do leave the ground before the shine comes out? I haven't practiced it yet, so I don't know how difficult it'll be.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Depends on percentage, and matchup. If you can start a combo right after the shine, or follow it up with something then you might want to do that. But if the shine will just send them shooting upwards, and you can't follow through, you might as well grab them.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
In a certain way... yes(if you can do it perfectly), but keep in mind that grabs exist for a reason
I'm good with my grabs. They're something I've used since long before I started learning anything advanced techniques so I'm good with them. I've taken into consideration what terr said and will keep that in mind and will probably do that for low percentage opponents or fast fallers. But at the moment, I can't shine out of a shield without leaving the ground yet, so I'll only be able to follow up with my double jump for now.

Top Bottom