• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learned something new about bayonetta in for glory

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
She CAN combo you straight through the screen from 0 if you're using :4charizard:. First she uses the up cyclone attack then she smacks you with the first two parts of her air combo, up cyclone again then she uses the dashing left or right attack and DI doesn't help. I just had this done to me twice in a row within the same match. I know I'm being salty but I had no way to get my guard up and once in the combo I had no way to recover or get out of it because by the time the second air cyclone attack (don't have the character so I don't know which A or B attack that is) connects you are already right up there at the ceiling, you can't jump or upb out of it because you'll self destruct, and the combo has it so downb (rock smash) isn't an option. Just a fair warning to other users because this really ticked me off at the sheer unfairness of the combo.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I am fairly sure this is news to absolutely nobody, mate. Bayo's mixups when it comes to air combos are insane, and you need to know how to DI properly out of most of them.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Pretty much what FamilyTeam FamilyTeam has said.

This isn't really new, and as someone who mains Bayonetta I can say it can be done on more than just Charizard. It can be a 0 to Death in some situations as long as the person doesn't know how to DI out of it properly. I've had several DI out of it in plenty of For Glory matches, while others simply either didn't DI at all or didn't use it correctly. In short, you can definitely get out of it with DI.

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
ok so if I have to to get out of it what DI do I use? That was the first time i've been hit with something like that and I'm awful with DI unless i've been on the receiving end of a combo several times, I think I was using DI away from bayonetta but I'm not sure since it happened so quickly.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
ok so if I have to to get out of it what DI do I use? That was the first time i've been hit with something like that and I'm awful with DI unless i've been on the receiving end of a combo several times, I think I was using DI away from bayonetta but I'm not sure since it happened so quickly.
Fairly sure it's Down and Away.

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
Got thrashed by another bayonetta player with a good grip on her combos, the big problem was even when I did shield to avoid certain launchers she'd just grab me and put me into a combo anyways plus she was FAST! I am not very fast myself so zippy characters like that give me headaches.
Beat me three times in a row, couldn't take a stock off of her and the third time the only damage I got in was a couple of hits from rock smash. She was impossible to approach, too quick to punish and if I made so much as one little mistake I ended up paying for it. She taunted me the third time around and left, given how badly she thrashed me I don't blame her.

Surprisingly after that I ran into a third bayonetta player and returned the favor with three wins on my end with one happening without me losing one stock. So if the player has a good grip on their combos and such I go down hard, if not I crush them easy....I still need to learn proper DI though not to mention my reaction time needs work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom