• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leaf Shield Edge Guarding

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
i sometimes use it on luigi or captain falcon, other than them i don't really use it that much

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Yeah man! All hail @ ChopperDave ChopperDave !

I use this all the time on Captain Falcon! Works like a charm on him.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Yeah man! All hail @ ChopperDave ChopperDave !

I use this all the time on Captain Falcon! Works like a charm on him.
Not gonna lie, i was with the "this move sucks" crowd when the game was out. The guide really made me change my mind.
I know it is not some invincible shield and that it is gimmicky, but the LS saved my hide too many times now.

Also, is it just me, or doing a leafstool on the opponents gets them very, very angry?

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
Not gonna lie, i was with the "this move sucks" crowd when the game was out. The guide really made me change my mind.
I know it is not some invincible shield and that it is gimmicky, but the LS saved my hide too many times now.

Also, is it just me, or doing a leafstool on the opponents gets them very, very angry?
Yeah, people tend to get pretty salty when I leafstool them. That's what they get for playing Captain Falcon and being bad.

Nowadays I mostly use Leaf Shield as a way to mix up my recoveries and turn the tables when knocked into disadvantage. Most people just aren't prepared for the little momentum "bounce" you get from using it out of a tumble, or when it's b-reversed. It can also be good for zonebreaking and mixups in neutral.

But I also use it to edgeguard against certain characters and it's always fun when you get a kill with it. One of my favorite things to do in this game is using Leaf Shield to prevent Yoshi from grabbing the ledge, ever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom