• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lay off the proteins/fatfoods pikachu!

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Ok, by comparison with other characters, is Pikachu big, or is Charizard small. This discussion is about both characters, but I feel like ppikachu is the one with innacurate sizing so I posted this in Pikachu threads. Heres a screencap showing how big pikachu is to charizard. Mind you charizards on average are around 5' 8", so they are not huge, but big, nonetheless. Also note this 3ds screen from the new one showing that Pikachu seems sized down in the new one. Should a resize occur in PM Pikachu?

Jiggle4Life

Smash Ace
The bigger the pika the longer he lives lol as long as he stays fast there are no downsides

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
The bigger Pika is, the bigger his hurtboxes are, which is not good considering his weight. However, a smaller Pika would mean a smaller range in its attacks, which are already subpar because that's just how Pika works as a fighter. SSB4 looks like it exaggerates the limb of action during moves, as shown in the thunder image, where Pika's tail is suddenly huge during the Usmash animation. I want to say this is done in previous titles as well, but it seems much more noticeable in SSB4, so I'm assuming they took it up a notch. And that would let SSB4 get away with a smaller size without sacrificing range (hopefully).

If PM were to readjust Pika's size SSB4 style, they'd have to reanimate a lot of Pika's moves. But by that logic, all of the characters would want the same treatment for fairness, so its probably not worth it.

And honestly, being true to the size of the original lore is just something where we should suspend our disbelief for something as multi universal as smash. You'd also have to worry about things like Olimar being only an inch tall.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
The bigger Pika is, the bigger his hurtboxes are, which is not good considering his weight. However, a smaller Pika would mean a smaller range in its attacks, which are already subpar because that's just how Pika works as a fighter. SSB4 looks like it exaggerates the limb of action during moves, as shown in the thunder image, where Pika's tail is suddenly huge during the Usmash animation. I want to say this is done in previous titles as well, but it seems much more noticeable in SSB4, so I'm assuming they took it up a notch. And that would let SSB4 get away with a smaller size without sacrificing range (hopefully).

If PM were to readjust Pika's size SSB4 style, they'd have to reanimate a lot of Pika's moves. But by that logic, all of the characters would want the same treatment for fairness, so its probably not worth it.

And honestly, being true to the size of the original lore is just something where we should suspend our disbelief for something as multi universal as smash. You'd also have to worry about things like Olimar being only an inch tall.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Hey, gotta defend my main, especially how sensitive Pika is to combating his weight problem on his own efforts :p

Top Bottom