• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Launcher refuses to update

Streetwize

Smash Apprentice
I admit I had accidentally overwritten my previous Launcher so it went back to 1.0 instead of 1.03 or 1.04 (why didn't they just provide the latest launcher prior to 1.11 with this update?), but after the download it first said that it couldn't run some XML file. I tried to update again and it brought me back to the Wii Menu. I deleted the file, tried updating again, and it said it was successful and asked to reboot the launcher. It still said 1.0 and offered me to update yet again. It restarted the system once more.
Given that the data is 1.0 and there were extensions to the launcher released later, 1.11 probably is incompatible because the code only works with the version prior. Is there a launcher available for direct download?

Side note: The game runs just fine; the launcher simply won't update.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The launcher cannot be updated until the full version of 3.6 is released. If the game is working fine, you should be okay using your current launcher version.

Streetwize

Smash Apprentice
Why have a broken launcher update when it's only going to be fixed when the release is completed. It also doesn't help that each version is only packed with 1.0, so people who have overwritten their SD cards are unable to switch between the different versions through the launcher anymore.

Top Bottom